Wither Jabo? Part 2

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

Some photos from the Duxford Spring show...

IMG_2763.jpgIMG_2768.jpgIMG_2769.jpgIMG_2786.jpgIMG_2792.jpgIMG_2822.jpgIMG_2823.jpgIMG_2848.jpgIMG_2864.jpgIMG_2875.jpgIMG_2881.jpgIMG_2888.jpgIMG_2893.jpgIMG_2913.jpgIMG_2923.jpgIMG_2918.jpgIMG_2953.jpg

Unfortunately my zoom lens was playing up, so having nursed it long enough to get some shots of the Sea Vixen, I gave it up as a bad job. Still, it's given me some respectable results for a budget lens over several years so I'm not complaining too much. Hope you like 'em!

• Like 2

• 2. Administrators

Unfortunately the prospects for an early return to flight by the Sea Vixen do not look promising, Although a lot of the force of the aircaft touching down was taken by the underwing drop tanks the underside of the arcraft has still been ground down into the engine subframes (although possibly not the engines themselves). Likely to be fixable, but it's going to take a lot of time and money before she will fly again.

Close ups of the damage can be seen here and you can help return Foxy to skies by donating here

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

Navy Wings report that the underside of the Sea Vixen has suffered substantial structural damage and will take at least two years to repair, probably more. Fault was due to a seized hydraulic pump which caused the quill drive shaft to shear doing major damage to the gearbox in the process. Bet that went with a bang.