Newbie in need of assistance

Hello,

I am new to the world of Steam and CLOD.  I have succumbed to the call of the Dogz and purchased CLOD over steam. My MSFF is in working order. My Saitek throttle is moving. TIR4 (looking for disk), TS3 downloaded.(need headset and mic and looking forward to banter)  

Unfortunately when I click in my new CLOD icon on my desktop following a successful CLOD download, I get a loading wheel and then nothing....Ever. :(   

Steam says thank you for the money. :)  

Am I missing something?     Obviously !

• Like 2

Re: Team Fusion Simulations patch v4.312 is now available via Steam

Quote Originally Posted by GOZR View Post
Well here now my game.. Did the update and ... nothing game wont start anymore " Mod not found please re-install mod"

Verify the game through STEAM.... then re-install the Team Fusion Update.

If that doesn't work... uninstall the game, delete the folders except the ones in your Documents, then re-install basic game, then re-install the TF update.

That was from this thread on ATAG    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24728
And do everything as administrator.

Hi Tonar,

Yep, follow Perf's link and do as per the instructions.  The beta download will ask you for a code.  Just ignore that and keep going.  TrackIr disk?  Don't worry about it.  Just go to Natural Point's website and down load the latest software. 

https://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/downloads/

See if I am doing this in right order..

Join DDz server

Select Red or Blue Flag by double click it.

Map. Choose the airfield you wanna fly from by zooming in the map and click that airfield. When you hoover the mouse over an airfield it will show Hawkinge-Fighters if you choose Hawkinge, of course!

Spawn Aircraft Group. If you are happy with the plane that is visible in he pic to the right, just hit Create.

Or, Pic any plane by double clicking the visable plane. A larger pic will show the same aircraft. Click the text/square above the pic. Now all available aircraft will show up. Choose the plane you want to fly by double clicking it.

Choose whatever ammo and convergence you need in Loadout. If you already have Kev's ammo mod you don't have to.

Hit Ok

Hit Create!

Bang! you will now spawn in at the choosen airfield in your choosen plane.

Forget about the magneto switches - they're not connected to anything.  If you're in the Hurricane or the Spitfire make sure your radiator is in the fully open position before you do anything else.

Make sure throttle and prop pitch are at zero.  Now you've got to grope around with your mouse to find the fuel cock.  On the Spitty look at the bottom edge of the instrument panel, just to the right of the joystick and you'll see an up and down lever.

That's the fuel cock. 

On the Hurri look down to your left in the area of the throttle and radiator control and you'll see the er...thing, around there...er...somewhere. ( yes, I have forgotten ):blink:

Once you've got your radiator and fuel cock open give her a little open throttle and press I.

Once the engine is running you'll have to wait a couple of minutes whilst it gets up to temperature.  

Remember to put prop pitch back up and then.......Vrooomm.....hopefully:salute:

OK,fuel cock on, prop pitch 0,  got a hurri started, taxied, took off, put gear up, started shaking crazy like, FFB all over the place.  Engine cooked, Emergency landing in a beet field.  Oh yeh ....  Rads and put prop pitch back.  That was fun. Unfortunately I was not able to figure  out how to pick a different plane.  It kept either putting me back in the beet field or just offered me the PLANE button.  I ended up disconnecting from the server and re-connecting.

I know it is some step that eludes me.

So far it is crashing while trying to remember what keys I need to map....And I miss my peddles :(

It is good to get back in the seat.   Now to just hear all my favorite accents again. :salute:

Nice try. We are getting some where :) Gear two stage up and down? Shouldn't cook the engine though. If engine not warm enough before take off, some heavy vibrations will occure. But it will disappear when revving and getting speed up at take off.

If you want to pick a new plane just double click the flag, red or blue, and choose an airfield again.

I would say prop pitch 100%, rad's fully open and full throttle at take off. When off the ground and flying a bit, (two-stage gear up) prop pitch 80% and throttle down a bit. Rad's could be a bit more closed, like about 80%. At higher altitude even less rads.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Always close/open the Rads when spawning in.

Even when the slider/lever is in the open position when you spawn, you need to do this, otherwise it will still be closed!

And, once airborne, move the proppitch back to like max. 85% (Power max 100%) otherwise you may cook it pretty fast as well.

Can't tell you how many engines I've fried - have Rad control slider advanced but rad closed till you touch it.

You may as well, and very likely should, begin to use checklists. You can get away without in fighters (as long as you're OK with the occasional fried engine) but bombers get more complicated. The Hurri has engine operating limitations on the right canopy rail.

DCS is going to have the next big news/ map release and if you start flying that you'll have no choice but to begin using checklists for everything.