Not as optomistic as I was

A nail in the CloD coffin.

Not the last nail but it's very disturbing that TFS has possibly the most important member leave at this critical stage. Once all the agreements are signed and 777 lays down the law he quits. Very telling of the true intentions of the new owners.  There was some veiled talk that the reason 1C acquired CloD was to kill it's competition with BoS (meaning to kill CloD)  and it's looking more like the truth.

As Churchill said " Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning".

7 hours ago, Perfesser said:

A nail in the CloD coffin.

Not the last nail but it's very disturbing that TFS has possibly the most important member leave at this critical stage. Once all the agreements are signed and 777 lays down the law he quits. Very telling of the true intentions of the new owners.  There was some veiled talk that the reason 1C acquired CloD was to kill it's competition with BoS (meaning to kill CloD)  and it's looking more like the truth.

? :blink:

Sorry Perf but this has me completely confused.  The PR guy is the most important member of TFS?  Seems unlikely.  

Whats all this about new owners?  1C haven't "acquired" CLoD.  They've always owned it and for all intents and purposes they abandoned it back in 2013!  Since CLoD only runs through Steam, if 1C wanted to kill off CLoD they could have simply switched off the Steam server at any time in the last four years.

It seems to me that most of the "veiled talk" that seems to surround CLoD and TFS at the moment emanates from a small group of grown men who seem to harbour some rather child-like jealousies of what TF have so far managed to achieve.

Perhaps we all owe TFS a little patience.  They have the code, they also have day jobs.  

Even if TF 5.0 isn't released until well into next year, they'll still be faster than the pro's running DCS!:salute:  

• Like 2

When the PR guy of any organization leaves it's usually because he can't stand the difference between the tale he's supposed to spin and the truth. On the other hand, in MP's case it could just be as simple as they have no interest in developing the single player aspect of the sim. Time will tell.

Forgive me for being suspicious of those who are motivated by profit.

• 2. Administrators

My guess he's got p****d off with all the crap flying about on that forum and decided that life is too short to put up with it.

This isn't directed at you by the way Perf, but there's a lot of people over there with an agenda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

To be honest I dont really understand WTF is going on. I understand Reddog and PhilStyle getting a bit pissed off with the very slow progress of TF and there is a clash with Snapper? but for me at least, DCS will be rather slow to develop (how is the P-47 going?) and the main part of the game is P-51 v Bf109 v SpitIX v Fw190 in short mainly a dogfight. They arnt interested in BoX which I feel is most likely to be the true successor to the original especially if the hosted coops happen. The real losers in this mess are the community. What a shame that Oleg messed up with the original CLoD.

• Like 1

I'll reserve judgement on this matter, the whole thing could be no more than a clash of personalities. Just the change from a strictly hobby status to a semi-professional status is bound to be a stressor, especially with artsy-fartsy types. How many bands don't survive success long enough to actually be successful? Crap. Now I'm worried........CRAP. 

• Like 1