Windows Creator Update

DD_Arthur

I had that Bill Gates fiddling inside my PC again last night.  I really wish he would stop doing this.

After he'd finished giving me his Creators edition of Windows10 my TrackIr would not work.  I deleted the whole shebang and reloaded everything but to no avail.

Every time it wouldn't work I'd get a nice message from Bill and his friends that when they discovered a solution to this problem, they'd get back to me.    Nice.

In the end I rolled back the update and everything worked again.

I don't mind Windows10 but most of the time I've really no idea what my PC and Bill and his friends are doing.  

• 1. DDz Quorum

Did you try and switch the Pc off? Like really off? 

That fixed my Sidewinder issue ... it would not recognize it, just a USB device it found.

PC off/on fixed it brilliantly ...

(Yeah, still a stoopid thing, should not happen, but hey, it's Microsfot..)

I tried to install it yesterday but it failed :) however as its M$ it will no doubt force an install just as I am starting a gaming session, so I might as well get it sorted when it suits ME

Well I forced the update and stuff appears to work but they must have messed something up.

Edited by Crash
stuff

Since I only use my PC for flight sims nothing about this update appeals to me.  Internet security isn't a bother either as I don't do internet banking or anything like that and I'm too old and flaccid to be interested in any sort of dodgy websites - unless flight sim forums count as "dodgy" that is.

I do have a vast collection of laptops - eight! - which technically belong to Devon County Council.  As all the data on them lives in Babcock's* Cloud, if anything goes wrong with the latest model techie man comes over and gives me a new one.  No joke.

Saving the public's money?  Why would anyone want to do that!

*Babcock = yes, the defence contractor.  They also run Devon's education services!:blink:

• Like 3