Broadband in the UK

DD_Arthur

• 1. DDz Quorum

After speaking to a jolly nice chap called Jason who seemed to understand my peak time only problems, the buggers seem to have done something at last. Ping was around a constant 40ms and I only had one green bar in IL2 last night :  ) First time that has happened in 3 weeks at least. I have been promised a return call from Virgins "second line" people next Tuesday at 8pm to discuss...

I did get a call back last time but not within 48 hours as promised but within 4 days. 

• Like 2

• 1. DDz Quorum

They tried to call you Mr P but your connection was poor and they couldn't get through....

Great that you had a constant good connection last night, it certainly appears that something has moved.

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Excellent news Arthur !

I did get a call back from Mr Jason exactly on time last night and he said that for my connection to improve so quickly it was most likely a  "load balancing" problem fixed. He explained that this is simply redistributing remotely more evenly, the local traffic at peak times between several local servers. So it can be done :  ) Connection has remained steady and fast with good ping, UL and DL at peak times.

• Like 1

• 2. Administrators

'Load balancing' definitely sounds more plausible that some random unexplained power outage - which happens every night at the same time lol. Glad that your connection has improved Mick.

• Like 1

Read today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4406994/Broadband-customers-short-changed.html

One of the comments:

it's good to see i wasn't the only person suffering for 4 years with virgin on their laughable 50mb. it never went higher than 8mb regardless of time of day. totally disgusting. Virgin don't even try to help and had to make a call every month to get money back for being ripped off!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

6539291746.png

All I need is to get flying again. I'm in the planning stage of a new controls setup, based around a very comfortable armchair which I bought recently. My medical condition has worsened quite a bit in the last few years. I find computer / office chairs really wearing. Otherwise I'm good - discovering two sisters that I never met before has been wonderful.

• 2 months later...

Well after six months I must say BT and I are very happy together.  I've had no problems and so far as I'm aware my connection has not dipped below the promised 50mb/s.

In fact they seem to like me sooooo much that they're upgrading me to 76mb/s before the middle of November.

Good show BT:salute:

• Like 3

• 1. DDz Quorum
On 18/10/2017 at 1:37 PM, DD_Arthur said:

Well after six months I must say BT and I are very happy together.  I've had no problems and so far as I'm aware my connection has not dipped below the promised 50mb/s.

In fact they seem to like me sooooo much that they're upgrading me to 76mb/s before the middle of November.

Good show BT:salute:

Same here...took them on six months ago when I moved and I'm getting a boost like you too!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...