Side Project (as opposed to the main one)

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

So as some of you know, I have a weakness for twins (stop sniggering.at the back there). Not that sort of twins, I mean of the aeroplane variety. So while the Beaufighter project still languishes in a half completed state (much like TFC's) I've been a little sidetracked by this;

IMG_0039.JPG

This is the Trumpeter 1:48 DH Hornet F.1 kit and very nice it is too.With the addition of a few PE and resin aftermarket doodads it's all gone together rather well. Just the top coat, decals, props and undercarriage to go.

• Like 4

• 2. Administrators

Got markings for PX216 which was used during the development of the Sea Hornet - basically an F.1 used for the initial trials (flown by Winkle no less!) but without a hook so not flown aboard ship. Got some nice reference photos which indicate an overall silver finish - was expecting a yellow underside and a P marking but seems that standard was not applied in this case maybe because it was not an official prototype.

I have two other Trumpeter 1:48 Hornet kits as well, an F.3 which will be finished in SEAC colours and a Sea Hornet which will probably built 'folded'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1