DCS and Force feedback

T_O_A_D

Howdy all,

I have overlooked this since installing DCS about 6 years ago, and each time I've flown it I have gotten disgusted with this problem or the combination of them changinging the controls on each update. Or the fact that I wasn't saving my setup per plane in its own folfer, and re-writing it with each plane and screwing up the last.

Al those problems have been over come, but this one until a couple nights ago.

FT and a few others and I was on and just discussing plane setup for the Spitfire, and FT just causually said something about the the FFB swap. Becausse he was fighting something else.

I had been fighing alerion roll since the beggining with elevator trim, and was too dense to realize that this game can invert the FFB, all other games hadn't.

I spoke up and he said he was sure Fenrir had set him straight on this problem but was at a loss at to what and why and went diggging for some notes.

I looked at the control setting for the FFTune and saw it.

But walla! once I swapped it this game just became loveable I can actually trim one out and let go of the stick.

I had never though about about them being backwards, I just assumed that screen was there to soften or increase the forces.

Should of looked closer.

Still amazed I was so thick LOL

Today I found out Funflack was too ;-) and I walked him through the fix.

Desktop 12.26.2016 - 17.39.23.01.png

So now you know.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2. Administrators
Thanks Toad.:thumbsu:
This is really helpful info,
 as I also have acquired one of these great FFB sidewinder 2 JS. 

Now all you need is a spare!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6 hours ago, Jabo said:

Lol, something like that. Wonder what Helen has done with Jim's sidewinder stash?

The man obviously knew what excellent things to collect LOL.

One will do me good for now Jabo, I pray it will last years.

• 2. Administrators

Fingers crossed it will mate, I've had mine five years and it was second hand then! Point I was trying to make though is that stuff eventually breaks down so if you were on eBay and spotted a cheapish one then it might be worth snapping it up. I bought my spare three years ago and thus far I've not needed it!