Good News!

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

Just found out that I'm getting a bit of a bonus this Chrimbo (due having been a good boy at work) so I've decided that a part of that will be going on replacing my TrackIR which even as I speak is on it's way here from Bristol! The Edtracker has been great and has kept me flying (although in a somewhat limited capacity) but I miss 6DOF and '46. Not content with that, having made the decision to replace the TrackIR camera I was looking at the two rather tired track clips that I have and have repaired (with duct tape and bits of the other) the better of the two and have sacrificed the remains of the second one to make a battery-powered version and it only bloody works (well the lights come on and there's no burning smell) so now I have a standard track clip and a self contained battery powered one! (I shall permit myself a small WOOT! here). I'll post some piccies if anyone's interested in doing something similar,

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

Nah, don't think so - Every time I've tried any of the VR tech I get really bad motion sickness. When I tried Oculus I had to go throw up it was that bad. Which is odd as I don't get motion sickness anywhere else. So no, not Oculus  but I think a rig upgrade might be in the offing,

Anyway, here's the new battery powered trackclip,

IMG-0007.JPG