Trying, but IL2 DVD not installing on my PC.

Tonar

Like the title says I am unable to get my copy of IL2 DVD to install on win10. What am I missing?  I have tried installing as administrator and such with nada.

FT- Do I need to have IL2 installed before Checkmods can do anything, or will it do everything for me?  

Or

Should say so long it was fun IL2, we will always have fond memories and just put my efforts to CLOD or some such other Dog approved simulation? I remember the days of the Dogfight ladder or leading half the Dogz to their deaths as commander Tonar-san for the IJN. 

Maybe I can still have both?

Miss it .

Current rig. (nothing special, budget)

Radeon Software Version - 16.6
Radeon Software Edition - Crimson
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon R7 200 Series (upgrading soon)
Memory Size - 2048 MB
Memory Type - HyperMemory
Core Clock - 600 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 8 GB
CPU Type - AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor

• 1. DDz Quorum

You can run chkmods even on an empty folder. I think :)

You will get close to a working IL2, but some items will be missing, like settings for the user, missions, paintschemes. It will not be complete...

Is there any way you can copy the installation from the old Pc over to the new one?

That would be the easiest way...

For sure you can have both!

• Like 2

I believe since you have a decent connection you can use check mods.

Just create a folder Name doesn't matter but "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 4.12.2" will do and place this file in it.

il2fb.exe

Then give it a try

EDIT: Well what FT Said. An older OS to install it and copy paste the install folder is the easiest way. even if you have to borrow someones laptop. Once you have the stock game in you can build it with patches or Check mods. to your desire. Just keep a copy of the vanilla install backed up somewhere for later needs.

Push come to shove I could do this, but I really don't want to make a habit of it.

By the time I buy the disc, gas to and from store to post office,postage and the time spent burning, I'm loosing valuable flying time and easily have the expence of the cost of buying a couple of IL2 Stock Downloads or disc.

I don't need cannon fodder or need to be cannon fodder that bad, LOL I'd rather spend the money on that new DCS Spit or the Nevada Map. But that at the moment is out of the question too, till I'm released back to work.

• 5 months later...

Component 'MSINET.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

FT,  The above error occurs when I try to run checkmods.  Do I need permissions or something?

OK,   Weirdness.

IL2 is running but once I am in flight I can not get out.  The ESC key does not bring up the Exit game window.   Unless that is not how it works.  Maybe I forgot how to exit the game. ??

Also it is not saving any of my video settings and defaults back to min resolution.

But I am two steps closer to flying again.  I am home today and might join up if flying is happening today Tuesday.

• 2. Administrators

Sounds like it's running windowed (possibly). Don't forget that you need to add your video settings directly to conf.ini rather than setting them thru the game screen. What is the path to your game folder? For example, mine is e:\il2_sturmovik_1946 - my guess is that you have the game running from a protected location(e.g. C:\program files (x86) )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well I got the video setting thing sorted, But still unable to exit flying. really weird.   the esc key work on the main Paige to exit, but not in game.

It is installed in C: games/IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 4.12.2

FRACKIN MODS !! :)

• Like 1

• 2. Administrators
Get him "going"? Would be much easier if you simply delete his account 'round here, now wouldn't it? default_pottytrain1.gif

That would getting him gone. And I would point out that that only ever happened once. Git

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1