Flying Legends 2017 Show News

Jabo

Since EasyJet's schedule didn't stretch further than march I contaced them and the answer I got was that they dont fly to Luton any more. It seems the only option for pretty almost every Luftflotte is Gatwick or Heathrow :(

• 1 month later...
  • 2. Administrators

That's great news JP! We're staying at the Holiday Inn in Cambridge - those that are staying anyway. Numbers are quite down this year unfortunately, but there's some interesting stuff coming to the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have booked my train tickets

arrive cambridge at 1500 on friday

leave cambridge at 1600 on sunday.

would be grateful if I could cadge lifts to duxford on saturday and if someone could get  me to the station on Sunday

Dave

• 1 month later...
  • 2. Administrators

Just looking at all the footage of aircraft from all over Europe and further afield all descending on a Cambridgeshire airfield and I'm beginning to think that this might be one of the best Legends lineups of recent years. Roll on Friday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 1. DDz Quorum
1 hour ago, bongodriver said:

I got to watch the Berlin express arrive at DX, I have to say I'm baffled as to why they didn't put her in a shipping container but at the same time I am in awe of the adventure that epic flight must have been.

Indeed, Epic, Awe and Adventure are words that are appropriate here :) Very much so!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bongodriver said:

I got to watch the Berlin express arrive at DX, I have to say I'm baffled as to why they didn't put her in a shipping container but at the same time I am in awe of the adventure that epic flight must have been.

I wondered that too, especially as Frenesi is owned by the same people and that got shipped over. Then I read this from a man in the know over on the Key forums:

"It was just sold to Dan Friedkin/Comanche Fighters last month (just a few weeks ago) - it had previously been owned by Max Chapman. There of course wasn't going to be enough time to have the aircraft shipped over to England in-time for Flying Legends, so that is why the trans-Atlantic flight quickly came about. "Berlin Express" and "Frenesi" are two of eight flying Mustangs in the Comanche Fighters stable - an A-36 "Apache", P-51B "Berlin Express", P-51C "Princess Elizabeth", P-51D "Frenesi", P-51D "February", P-51D "Double Trouble Two", P-51K "Fragile but Agile", and TF-51D "Bum Stear"."

That's quite a collection of 51s!