Painless Lucky Bugger!

Sweper

If you read this Painless, what ever you do, don't stay indoor. Get out, find a decent dark spot, watch one of the brightest Northern lights in years. A wopping KP7/G3 should be visible within 30-40 minutes. I am not as lucky since it is gonna be cloudy all night long :(

Marked Iceland with a red arrow.

post-540-0-88707200-1476372787_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Just got back. Wow! Thanks Swoop, trouble is that it was 100% cloud cover with heavy rain and strong winds all week. Cloud base was down to the deck most of the time. All Aurora trips cancelled, whale watching trips cancelled.

Blue lagoon was fantastic because we had horizontal rain all day.

As far as the food is concerned.... Expensive, very expensive!

First night ...fish and chips, burger and chips, one Bacardi and half a lager.....£80.00 (hotel). 1xTomato soup and bread....£15.00 (cafe)

1xSubway sandwich 6 inch £9.00 . One BLT sandwich, one slice of carrot cake, one fizzy drink and a yoghurt £22.00 (cafe)

Siobhan and I would love to go back in the summer and hire a 4x4 to drive around the Island for two weeks........ Just as soon as we win the bloody lottery : )

• Like 1

Welcome back Mr P! Sorry to hear about the terrible weather :(  Here it was partly cloudy and we got a brief sight of the Aurora. I have never experienced, this far south, such a visiable aurora. And it was far weaker than farther north. Ofcourse! I have been up there, far north, way above the polar circle at the Norwegin border in the early 90th and that was spectacular. It seems that the solar activity is strong every 11 years, I read. Hope it haven't finished yet.

post-540-0-87102900-1476643501_thumb.jpg

post-540-0-39554700-1476643510_thumb.jpg