Dedicated Server?

B16Enk

Well, as a sporadic DCS flyer (usually more regular in the autumn/winter months) this sounds like a splendid idea.

I know Fenrir has created a handful of missions that he usually hosts and will most likely respond to this thread positively :)

I guess there's around half a dozen of us that fly DCS on a semi regular basis across the world, usually only 3-4 of us together at any one time.

• 1. DDz Quorum

The server we have is more than capable, better than the old one I just moved web site and TS off, so am happy to setup a test virtual machine for it.

It would have the added bonus of potentially attracting more newcomers to our group too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Who'll be managing the DCS server? I can try, but I know next to nothing about the subject... I have DCS installed, so I can try and test.

Oh well, I'll try and set it up on my test box over here, if it works... easy install on the maybe-future-server... better be prepared than sorry!  :shaunhb:

AP, Kira, and myself have been flying a lot of DCS lately. The F-15 lately, F-5 (which is a lot of fun), and we've done some A-10C stuff just to watch things go boom. I've also set up some navigation and instrument approach training missions for the F-15 and F-5. We also have some stuff for the 51 and 109. We're usually on early evening US time.

• 1. DDz Quorum

AP, Kira, and myself have been flying a lot of DCS lately. The F-15 lately, F-5 (which is a lot of fun), and we've done some A-10C stuff just to watch things go boom. I've also set up some navigation and instrument approach training missions for the F-15 and F-5. We also have some stuff for the 51 and 109. We're usually on early evening US time.

Hey, any server I set up will never ever have no stinkin' friggin' Jets in !! Nevva Evva! Be Sure!   :shaunhb:   :shaunhb:   :pick_a_finger:  :ass:

JETSR4Sissies!!

Props Rock!

Yep I second that, 1.5 is a priority. I just bought 2.0 recently but most of us play 1.5.

There's two of 'm :startle: ?? 

For now, they'll merge int one once they update the terrain engine of the Caucasus map.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Ok so I'll setup an account for us to use, and finish building this server for us.

It'll be on .140 Arjen and RDP via usual port with usual username/ pass combo.

Need to get box fully updated and see if Norton security will run on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just spent some time in 1.5, in a P51 for sure ... Wicked! Go for 1.5, will do just fine.

Nevada is just desert anyways now aint it?

Or... is that where Area P51 is at?

Nevada map is mostly desert but includes an entire true-to-life Las Vegas, as well as the Nevada Test Range and other things in the area. I mainly bought it to be able to simulate a Syrian/middle eastern theatre for my Ka-50, Albatross, Mig-21, Mi-8 and soon Gazelle. I don't at all care for having a Nevada setting otherwise, maybe I will if it ever becomes a real warzone.