Server Migration

B16Enk

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hi All.

I am migrating the web and TS server to its new home, same server as our CLOD and DF server is hosted on.

Time to consolidate, would like to stop paying for two servers (my fault I have been too busy).

Aiming to make it as painless as possible, there will be a brief maintenance period whilst I update the database at the other end.

There will be a redirect from here to there for web traffic, and I will see if I can do the same for TS3.

DNS will catch up after a day or so.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Web site is up and working fine.

TS3 has eaten 4+ hours, it refuses to restore correctly.

It is up and running, 22:00 here now and I'm sorry guys - will have to revisit it in the morning.

At least it is usable :)

• 1. DDz Quorum

How are we for funds?

I know somw do regular donations but it should not be just left to them.

Do I need to ask for the cup to be passed around (and no shirt buttons or fair ground ride tokens please this time!)

Good point Colin, thanks for that!

On a side note, yet very much related, I know there's two DD_Gits who still need to donate 20GBP each for having received some nice goods last July!

They told me they would, yet there's no donations of that amount around that time... C'mon you two, you know who you are! 

And if you don'tnate soon, I'll be editing your TS name, Forum name, and even Facebook ID to DD_B_Cheap1 and DD_B_Cheap2!!  

Be sure! I have the power!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Thanks for asking Colin, now that I have migrated us to the EU server I'm saving myself $60 a month, and the current subscription level (despite two being stopped) is now covering the cost with my own affordable subscription [emoji4]

Talking of migration I have tested upgrading to the new version of the software and it went well.

Sadly not all applications have been ported yet, the application application (excuse the stutter there LOL) is one example, however enough have now made the grade that I cannot see a reason to procrastinate any longer.

The member map may take some magic pixie dust conjuring to import current data, or worse case we start over (or I use a shadow copy to manually replicate the data).

So to that end I am going to do the upgrade, probably, Sunday evening US time and it *should* take no more than two hours.

Skin customization will need to be done after that, especially the header image integration to replicate what we currently use.

Wish me/us luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PS hope DD_Cheap_1 and DD_Cheap_2 have been able to cough up to FT now! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Even if funds are ok I think we should have a drive for some extra and allow Mr Enkel to take Mrs Enkel out for a meal as a thankyou, perhaps Ft and a plus 1 as well for all the hosting and effort in keeping the dogz flying (not as a foursome of course - we are not paying his airfair!)

It is getting near to my birthday and I useually chip in around this time, so I will start the plate off......

• Like 2

• 1. DDz Quorum

I will indeed reinstate that Nick, seems that was the only bit that got its knickers in a twist.

Thinking I may have to copy your work, then uninstall and reinstall the pages to get it back in working order :)

• Like 1