Ch Hotas

Sweper

Last thursday non of my hotas worked. Full rudder left, full throttle, spiking ailrons etc etc. First I thought it may have been my USB hub that didn't get power enough so I brought it back to the shop where I bought it. They didn't have one in stock so I decided to make another test at home. Switching USB ports back and forth didn't make any difference. I decided to take apart my CH combatstick and clean all connectors tighten them with a pliar. Read somewhere that it is a common problem with CH stuff. But all of them at the same time?! Didn't make sense.. It did.

Joystick work again, no problem to take apart and put together again. Rudder pedals was another story. Took me three hours to figure out how to put everything together again. Pins and rollers falling apart and other stuff that didn't fit was a PITA. Finally I figured out that you can't have any pressure on the pedals itself. Luckely I had two empty single malt bottle tubes that I could use as a support. After thirteen tries I got everything togehter again. All hotas calibrated in Windows and set up in IL-2. Now I have to figure out all settings in Clod as well.

If anyone has to start digging with CH rudder pedals, I sure have some tips for you :)