Mosquito's In Action Over The Netherlands... Rather Recently !

FoolTrottel

• 3 weeks later...

Had a short conservationist with two 13 year olds a day or so ago.  I forget how it started, but I asked them if they knew about the Zika virus and the scientific plan to exterminate all mosquitoes, permanently.  They thought it was great.  I then pointed out birds, bats, etc that feed on them, and asked if they still thought it was a good idea to go messing with nature when everything is connected.  That gave them pause.   Briefly.  Until they got back to their phones and Pokemons.

Actually, it wasn't much of a typo.The word is "Pokémon" (Japanese) and it has to do with the only way parents in the U.S. can get their children to go outslde anymore.  It's a cell phone (today really a pocket computer) based game called 'Pokémon Go', where these kids have to search out various Pokémon characters that are scattered throughout the real world.  Here's a (probably fictitious) example of someone finding one.

https://67.media.tumblr.com/6babf12ef2e27c9b240fe84a17db8765/tumblr_oah5imbVuj1vn247co1_250.gif

(So, how do I get that gif to show up correctly?)

Right, so apparently there are different ways of spelling Pokémon/Podemon.  Who'da thunk it?  Silly me.

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Actually, it wasn't much of a typo.The word is "Pokémon" (Japanese) and it has to do with the only way parents in the U.S. can get their children to go outslde anymore.  It's a cell phone (today really a pocket computer) based game called 'Pokémon Go', where these kids have to search out various Pokémon characters that are scattered throughout the real world.  Here's a (probably fictitious) example of someone finding one.

https://67.media.tumblr.com/6babf12ef2e27c9b240fe84a17db8765/tumblr_oah5imbVuj1vn247co1_250.gif

(So, how do I get that gif to show up correctly?)

Right, so apparently there are different ways of spelling Pokémon/Podemon.  Who'da thunk it?  Silly me.

I do 'know' what the pokemon stuff is... well, not in details... but... well, I know enough to try and have fun using my very own podemon spelling .. silly you!  :dj: