Il-2 1946 Cup Jet Age Module Simpit

After installing the 1946 CUP Jet Age module I worked on a UDPSpeed skin to use with the F86. I decided on creating one like bolox has done (a single background for all gauges) as it will run a lot faster. I used parts from DocPL and Dick Dastardly. Needs a little tweaking but so far I am pleased with this work in progress.

26198262974_7c0d608477_c.jpg

• Like 1

I wanted to try that, but it looked like way too much work with all the downloads and compex instructions.  I decided I didn't really want it that bad..  

But maybe if you show me some jet cockpits I might change my mind..  ;-)

Here are a couple videos that will give you an idea of what it has. They are fairly new and represent the graphics current in CUP. It seemed like it was going to be a PIA but really was not bad when I followed the video I will post

Best tutorial for installing CUP. You don't have to install all the Modules

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,47647.0.html

I am curious if we people install the same base Module if multiplayer would not work.

Remember this is a simplified flight and systems model. But it looks better than Strike Fighters 2 from what I can see. With SweetFX and some Nvidia Control Panel tweaks it looks quite nice

• 1. DDz Quorum

I am curious if we people install the same base Module if multiplayer would not work. 

It coulda mighta woulda...

We currently have 2400 coop missions, of which a good portion we have not even flown once...

And, yes you can add hundreds of  'new' aircraft, and new objects and whatever stuff... who's gonna build the missions with all the new stuff in it that 'we people' can join?

One of the key things is when you get to a 'restore' point make sure you go to that thread and follow the directions there (usually deleting some folder for a clean install of new part). I did parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 9

The other main thing to is to be sure to install in the proper order and as the file names do not let them be listed in order in Explorer that needs to be double checked to be sure to get the order correct.

Also Extract all the parts in a temp folder (each part in its own folder) and then just move the files to the IL-2 folder one at a time choosing to overwrite. Do not extract to IL-2 folder as some people seemed to have issues doing it that way.

Also do not enable anything in JSGME while installing

When done run IL-2 Selector.exe and Select "The Jet Age 1946-2016" Game Type and adjust the memory to 1024

Save Settings and the Choose Start IL-2 Now

It's definitely a mark of what IL2 was capable of and what it became commercially with regards to what it became capable of in the hands of the enthusiasts.  (Convoluted way of saying "I'm not surprised to see modern air [missile] combat in IL-2, or the least bit surprised that we're still flying it as often as ever fifteen years later").

• 1 year later...

I finally tried this two days ago.  Downloaded via the torrent, and followed the instructions.  Instructions were a bit confusing because they said to run the setup installer.  And also said to extract all of the files into the game folder.  Since my torrent download had all 29 zip files, but NO setup exe installer, I extracted all of the zip files into the game folder.  It didn't work.  Nothing worked..  After reading some more I noticed that there was supposed to be a setup exe in the torrent download, but it was not there.  So, I started all over and installed using the setup exe.  Still it doesn't work.  QMB gives me a Corrupt Data error, and when I load a mission all I get is a blue sky(or dark night sky).  There is no cockpit.  Argg...

Not all of the QMB missions work with the base BAT, and a lot of the old missions are broken too. Try a mission that has been tested before you throw the bathwater out, just to be sure the baby ain't in there. ;) 

BTW, hey bud how are ya?

Once you have the base BAT installed and running, look up "Checkpoint Charlie" It contains all of the previous Expansion packs for BAT and brings it up to "3.0" (with a exe. installer). The Cherry on top is "3.1" which brings new BOB content and several BOB campaigns and is also an "easy" exe. install. In the future all installs will be by exe. so no futzing around with folders.

I am doing ok. Been traveling a lot as my grandkids are out of state.

Snacko be sure to install "Checkpoint Charlie" as it is the patch that fixes a lot of issues. I also installed the 3.1 patch as well. BAT takes quite a bit of horsepower to run. After I got it running decent tweaking the config.ini and Nvidia Inspector I saw there is another pack called VP Pack. It is not as extensive (no jets just WW2) but runs much faster as the guy tweaked all the maps. It looks good and runs better.

PM me if you need some assistance.

How do I know which QMB will work? I tried about 5 different planes and didn't change anything else.  But none worked.  Data was Corrupt...

Simple Missions are built into the game, so why don't they work?  I have not even tried an old mission yet...  But I'll try one right now.  Ok, I loaded up an old DDZ very simple mission.  Stock map Online game.  All I see is blue sky.  Press F2 and I can see my F16 externally, but cannot get into the cockpit or even start it up.  F1 does not take me back to the blue sky, so it seems I am not the pilot.  IDK

Seems like I should be able to get this 'base' BAT working before I move onto new stuff.  Thanks for the info..

I will lookup that other stuff..  

Doh!  The QMB did not have a map selected.  It was blank.  Now it works.  With the 100 options on that screen I didn't notice.

And the Single Mission works now.  So I fixed something.  Now to patch to 3.1..

Cheers.  Thanks guys.  Your the best.  I got no answers to the same post on the SAS website since yesterday...

Started a skin for the BF109E just to see how it would work out. I am not too familiar with the German planes. I believe a lot of the Battle for Britain missions have BF109E's (but not sure). If there are other variations in any BoB campaigns you know about let me know. I would like to get all these 1280X1024 skins worked out while this stuff is in my head. At my age that things don't always stay in the brain long. LOL

Sine my quest is to play BoB campaigns are there are any other planes I might need please let me know as well.

BF109E-UDPSpeed.jpg