Slow Loading Clod Multiplayer

Has anyone experienced very slow multiplayer loading of CLOD? It hangs up. This is a recent problem for me. I have windows 7 as I have for a long time.It has never been a problem until recently. It feels like extreme lag. I can get it to load by pressing ctl-alt-delete and selecting CLOD for shut down. It will then start to load  slowly.

Ounce in game, I can select an AC and  fly, but when I get shot down and try to pick a new AC it is very slow to allow that process to start.

Nothing has changed with my firewall that I am aware of. I uninstalled and reinstalled with no improvement.

Any thoughts as to what might be a problem?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Are you connecting to the same server all the time?

Have you tried other servers, and if so, is it similar?

I find that every now and then, it does get slow to connect... not very often.

You could try and clear the cache: delete all files in My Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\cache

FT,

I have tried more than one server. It is the same on all. 

I did clear my cache files, no effect.  I can connect it just takes a looong time. when I hit  I will just have to live with it. It may clear up on its own. It happens with Multiplayer only.

I have tried shutting sown the firewall just to see if that helped. It didn't. I installed Game booster which shuts down unnecessary programs, and that didn't help either.

Funny thing is that this never happened before. 

Thanks for the suggestons FT

I don't know about the ping, I've never noticed what it was before. Wish now I had. 

My ping today for the DD US server is 81. It still takes a long time to load. I tried connecting to a server where I had a 37 ping on and it was just as slow.

What network setting in game should I be using?  I have a cable connection so I use Cable,xDSL. 

I will try the router reset when my wife isn't watching the TV. LOL!

I use windows 7 I am a bit nervous about switching to 10.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Here's a thing to try - it can be a bit tricky though - go to Device Manager, Network adapters.

Right click your network adapter and choose uninstall. If it asks you to remove the driver files as well, then do not let it do that.

After removing the adapter, go Start, Shutdown, Restart.

Upon restarting, windows will discover the network adapter automatically, and install the driver files.

This will reset your network adapter and its settings, it may help, not sure if it will ...

It can be a tricky thing, depending on your hardware, and on the currently installed driver - it may not be able to reinstall it, leaving you without network and thus internet connection.

So better only try if you are sure about the risk, have the knowledge to fix it yourself, or have someone nearby that can help.

(Well, usually, this all works fine... but ... well...)

In game, Cable, xDSL should be good...

One day last week I was getting very slow loading times plus it would not connect to Dogz America at all. Just hang at 100%- task manager shut down and "launcher not responding".

I shut down everything, did a cold boot.  - a bit better but still no Dogz.

I think Steam has a lot to do with these kinds of problems.

There is a program that optimizes internet connections.

TCPOptimizer

I looked and it's nothing bad, it will tell you what changes it will make - you can revert back to before any changes were made if you save the config.

Thanks Pefesser, I will try that one. I have just recently have been using Game Booster. Don't notice any difference though. It may very well be a steam thing. It may clear up on its own. Hope so.

I think I  figured out the problem.

Somehow the Launcher shortcut properties had  the “Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP” instead of Windows 7. I also check the “Run this program as administrator”

This seems to have fixed it. COD at least for now loads the way it used to.

post-428-0-15041200-1461025944.jpg