Training: Wingman Tactics - Signup For Wednesdays And Saturdays

FoolTrottel

• 1. DDz Quorum

Training: Wingman Tactics - Signup for Wednesdays and Saturdays

Saturdays: 14:00 - 16:00 GMT (BST when it's there)

Wednesdays: 19:30 - 21:30 GMT (BST when it's there) - ie. normal coop time.

A session needs at least 4 members signed in for it to happen.
+Sign up no later than Thursday for a Saturday session
+Sign up no later than Monday for a Wednesday session

Sign up here if you want to join a training session, just simply reply like this example:

DD_FT, Wednesday, Feb 17th.

Let's keep this thread for signup solely, and discussions on content in this thread

DD_FT, Wednesday, Feb 17th.

Mick, as stated hereabove for a session to take place we got to be at least 4 , enlisted two days ahead, so FT can have the maps really handy. Since there were just the three of us for Wed it was a NO GO. Anyway, i was in TS for some time, FT was kind do drop and say hello , i waited a bit for you / not more than 15 mins :-) then went to bed.

Having said that here we go again, who's in for Saturday 20.02.2106 ?

1. Ovy

2. Mr. P

So far there's three of us . I think we'll have decrease the minimum number of participants from 4 to 3 .

We will do some usual 2 vs 1and 2 vs 2 using Toad's missions - i can host too ( i will prepare to do that ) - maybe 3 or 4 sorties. Than all of us +1 AI if no one else comes vs multiple EA, like two missions.

But we need a mission involving 4 vs 4 ( could be humans or AI) . Dizzy 's promised to help doing that but multiple missions will be better.

OK chaps?

Last minute change of plans...

Since FT said he couldn't make it i invited Thor and WWs to fill in so to have 4 of us. And ended up with Thor AND 3 WWs calling me and enlisting for tonight show. Not bad, not bad at all...

So this is my schedule:

- teams are

A) Swep & Mr.P,

B)Thor & Ovy,

C)#1 WW and

D)#2 WW (one of us will join them )

2 vs 2 airspawn DF for one hour (aprox 4 fights x15mins)  as follows:

A vs B

C vs D

A vs C

B vs D

Second hour 4 vs 4 (probably 2 missions)

DDz vs WWs (& Thor)

To end ALL humans vs 8 AIs

Hope dies last...maybe FT can join . Should he skip this one can you Mick ask for a "free hand" ?

One more thing : we'll be doing this in VARP's TS since all of us have rooms and IP/pass. If needed i can repost them.

See ya tonite

I'm really , really glad you enjoyed it ! ( as much as I did)

To be honest 100% i was a bit doubtful on how it will turn out , simply because we never did it like that before. Not to mention i was completely taken by surprise on the number of people showing up.

Personal remarks:

- i saw some incredible good 2 vs 2 fights , will post the tracks

- after the initial surprise ( and Funflak nagging :angry: ) when Dogz found out we weren't using icons i saw that very quickly you all left behind that handicap . And with good results!

- even we got overwhelmed in the 8 of us vs. the rest of the world , if my memory is still good NO ONE of us got shot down !! It is amazing ...so it looks like it pays off to keep training

- Thor is not only sharpshooter, he also has vast expertise on tactics and on mission set up. I suggest next time he should pair up with you and DD wing as well in 4 vs 4 so you can hear and say his way of fighting. Needles to point out in all 4 missions played no one was lost on our side ...

I will put a message in the shout box , to see if we re-do it next week and make arrangements  , also i'll ask WWs but please write down if you have any requests / suggestions.

Once again thanks all !

• 1. DDz Quorum

I really enjoyed the practice with the VARP and WW boys. Happy to do more of that with my new Sweedish wingman Von Swoopberger.

Not sure about tomorrow yet Ovy, I have a few things to get done. If I can make it I will be on TS at 14.00 GMT.

OK Mick...how' bout we (in between DDz) make it more simple...anyone - it takes two ( baby) ...- is on our TS saturday i can host 2 vs whatever??

I still am very keen on enlisting for Wed ( as long as it is possiblle - to arrange missions with the host )
. Let's not transform this into a different CET (combat exercise training) - i believe we must contend to max. 8 pilots

The goal is to fly and fly again in pairs and  , if the American contingent (including Funflak :-) is willing to repeat it i seriously tnink that we ( DDz) should be doing 2 vs2 - one go- before thy join .

Waiting for remarks / suggestions

Ovy

• 1. DDz Quorum

I'm out of it.

Completely.

I found out the hard way that this is too much of IL2 for me... besides all the other stuff...

Yeah, I could give up on hosting, and on mission building :) But, no.

So, I'll do my best to wing up whenever and with whovyhever I can ... but no more training sessions for me for now ....

Sorry about that FT, take it easy buddy ...i'll be happy to keep on with you on our regular shows !

I will start organizing next session, is it good if we keep it the same way ?

That is

A) Mick & Swep

B) Ovy & Thor

C) probably 2 WWs

2 vs 2 - at least each wing two fights or three

4 vs 4

all vs AI

Anything in particular that you want?