Dcs: P-51D Start-Up, Taxiing, Takeoff, Dogfight & Landing Tutorial

DD_Fenrir

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hi chaps,

Rox and Fruity asked me to record a video of a sortie online in the P-51D and I finally got round to it. Also took the oppotunity to provide live commentary as an aide to those who are still finding their feet with this module.

Voice over is a bit low at points as I'm still tweaking balance settings - not quite there yet it seems! Also some stutter apparent, think that Shadowplay is pushing my rig somewhat when combined with DCS. Hope it does not detract too much from the video.

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Thanks Rox!

Yeah, got a feeling if some of those Huns had been breathers I wouldn't have been demo-ing a landing!

Quick note - just noticed when referring to taxi-turns, especially regarding unlocked-tail wheel, I keep saying rudder when I mean wheel brake... except when I mean rudder, lol! I might have another go at this when I get the sound levels sorted and break the vid up...

You mean like "when applying left aileron  in a roll, also apply left wheel brake to roll faster"?

But seriously...

Put up some annotations in the video where you got it wrong, explaining what you meant. Can do that through Youtube, no need to reupload.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Well, Fenrir creating and posting this video tutorial was brilliant!

Yesterday, I managed to take off in the P51D, fly around, in perfect formation with Fen (P51D) and BluBear (F15C), - well, as you know, they do the formation flying, I just try and keep stable flight, Fen on the left, Bear on the right lol... Okay, so we flew, and then I landed. And nicely I did, or it did?

Parked it up somewhere, took a break. 

Returned to the cockpit, and thought, "hey, this thing is good enough to fly some more!" ... so I took it back up again for some more flying... and landed yet again!

Mind you, Fenrir created and posted the video, and I have not had a chance to watch it, now that's how effin' brilliant it is!  :shaunhb:

Thanks Tom, I aksed Captain Jack the other day for check off list for startups.

Hopefully he can provide, I feel guilty burning his ears while playing.

What joystick do you use, I'm using the Microsoft FFB and I get alot off buffeting, compared to you.

Probably needs the curves adjusted.