Hey You Guys, Here's Something I Just Realised....

FoolTrottel

There was a link about getting the tickets on-line ...Nick am i asking too much for a bit of help ?

When the time comes i might even ask for some guidance over transport to Duxford, it's just too early .

Anyway , hotel and airline tickets are booked , counting back days and hoping all is fine ...

• 2. Administrators

Hey Ovy, no prob - the tickets for Legends haven't gone on sale yet. I'll make sure people know when they do. Are you intending to stay in London the whole time or are you joining the chaps at the hotel in Cambridge?

• 2. Administrators

On the show days you'll usually find us up at the 'Tank Bank' from mid-morning onwards (at the western end of the field between the Land Warfare Hall and the peri track). Offers one of the best vantage points as it's slightly higher than the rest of the field and the aircraft come closer to the crowd there than anywhere else - great for the noise and that whiff of burning aviation fuel - lovely.

Bit like this;

post-406-0-04183300-1452631958_thumb.jpg

Here's a map of the site - the two red circles are the media areas, but the tank bank is just past the left hand one.

post-406-0-61201900-1452632976_thumb.jpg

As far as transport is concerned, best bet is to get the train to Cambridge and then the shuttle bus to Duxford.

Thanks Nick , i'll make sure to have DDz mobile phones numbers ahead of getting there ( with everyone's acceptance that is understood) and even though my gunnery is not top notch i'm really good at navigation :-)

• 2 weeks later...