Training: Wingman Tactics - Who'd Be Up For That?

FoolTrottel

Why not try the mustang with the predictor gunsight this will show correct lead required and .50s are good to practice with

My gunnery sucks big time, even tho I have all the manuals and practice. I have got people to send me tracks as well to companiar their line up of targets and I still can't nail down what makes someone successful at it. When I flew online a lot I resigned myself to very dedicated defensive tactics, hitting from height and only making one pass then extending and not getting involved in turn fights I survived a lot and over time had a healthy kill\death ratio, but takes dedication and isn't as much fun as getting wired in. Good teamwork defiantly helps as we saw on Saturday, the pair that stuck closer together generally did better

• 1. DDz Quorum

Nice idea Dave, we can record some tracks of the Mustang site in action for reference lead : )

I would also like to practice 1 vs 2 with the singleton attacking the pair with an E advantage, followed by the pair turning their defensive position into a kill.

~S~ All

Today 's session was mostly on doing 2 vs 1 and 2 vs.2 with similar airplanes.

To make it even more challenging Painless winged with Sid against already teamed Ft & Ovy. The result were a couple of fights with well learned lessons on trading altitude vs speed and fine coordinating of wing crossing.

Thaks all for participating (and even watching / listening - Nick), especially mr. P for sharing his expertise and Sid for taking it for so long ...:-)  sorry m8..

An unofficial practicing session is planned for this Wednesday , 19.30 UTC

Please post here your intentions

Depending on how many will attend and since the purpose of what we're doing is to "solidify" flying and fighting  as a wing i would propose , just to see the progress and hearing FT's and yours comments if this training pays off

- one mission 2 vs 1 with a stronger aircraft -like 109 F4 / G2 , EA in advance - purpose for the wing to avoid head-on and manoeuvre to shoot him down without losing any plane

- 2 vs 2 missions with scope our wing to practice one time attacking as a wing one EA and second mission to try each going for one EA...you and Sid will try to "trap" us in too big separation or sandwhich or else

But once again i would like to hear FT ideas or you can set the scope .

After we feel a bit comfty i would like to apply wingman ground attack  in future sessions

RSVP

~S~

• 1. DDz Quorum

It was obvious that FT and Ovy had been a pair for a while because they coordinated very well. Noticeably better than Sid and I in the first 2 vs 2.

I know it would be difficult to arrange because of attendance issues but I wonder if we could ( whenever possible) establish regular pairs who always fly together not just in these practice sessions but in regular coops ? Regular pairs could also form flights of four when appropriate of course.

I often pair with FT for ground attack but we don't always stick close together after the first attack run because that arrangement has not been fixed. I would really like to try this idea if folks are up for it ?

We could be a little flexible and have maybe two or three potential partners each so something can be arranged for each coop session? The main idea being to try and pair up for the evening as a priority, to get used to watching out for each other.

We might not be that great at it to start with because of misunderstandings, interrupted comms and poor decisions but after a while things would gel and the results would reflect that I'm sure.

Got it Mick !

Press Shift +B brings up Fixed and Gyroscopic reticle. Press it twice you only got the Gyro predictor.

As i said it before and won't stop repeating it's all about practice. Everything...from basic to the most difficult tasks. For almost all individual skills one can practice alone or in DF / hyperlobby against drone targets or humans and getting improved .

But, for wingmanship you GOT to have two...who will try to bear in mind all the time "i 'm not flying alone". And it is not simple to think "like twins" - where's my man, what is he doing , how to match his actions , i lost eyes on you - dammit ! And after just a very few sorties both find out how is his mate turning, exteeending etc.

Anyone is more than welcome to these sessions , either pairing up for good or for fun , or playing aggressor.

As for the GA - even better if there's more than one wing coordinating the attack . So , at least we are three...for the time being . I suggest to talk it over tomorrow or Wed evening FT & Mick?

Training tonite 19.30  UTC

Who's in?: ( we need to know to prepare the missions)

1. Painless (instructor/pilot)

2. Ovy

3. Sweper

I'll be on TS half an hour earlier - if anyone wants i can explain what and how we did so far

Gentlemen !

Thanks for all showing up (sorry we scared Crahed ... :-)

Next sessioni SATURDAY 14.00 UTC / GMT /DDz time

In oreder to make the arrangements please enlist herebelow:

1. Painless

2. FT

3. Ovy

4. Sweper