Windoze 7 Freezing On Starting Animation

Crash

As it says. I have checked on tinterweb and one cause could be windows update issues, but its not that. I have re routed the power to the boot SSD and its the only one on the power supply, so its not that either. If I let it run the repair the files load and then the screen goes black. If I use the win7 disc it relabels the C drive E. If the boot is successful it looks to me like the screen resolution is different so could it be a graphics card driver problem? Any ideas?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Came across lots of different possible causes:

- Software, as in broken/badly configurer - even Windows Defender could cause it.

- Memory: Re-seating memory modules solved it for one guy...

Is this is temporary freeze and next, it continues?

Or does it just get stuck, and stays stuck?

Next to reseating memory, you may want to reseat the video card?

I dunno, it's a difficult one, lots of possible causes ...

I will reseat memory and vid card tomorrow. I dont know if its a good idea to "upgrade" to win10. It might cure it but it might carry over. When it sticks it stays stuck! and the windows loading files screen turns black. I have imaged my C drive so after reseating I might go to 10 as I can go back to how it is now :shaunhb:

I have decided to change the sata cable, reseat memory and cards and see if that cures it. If it doesnt then try a win10 upgrade and if that doesnt work then a clean install seems to be the only thing left to try :(

• 2. Administrators

Each to their own I suppose, but I like the new start menu and with the search functionality in the taskbar I find it as straight-forward to find stuff in 10 as in 7.

Be careful of the apps that you're installing to change the look and feel of 10 though mate, there have been cases in the past where they've proved not to be as innocuous as they appear. There were a number of problems when the switch from XP/Vista to 7 came round. Be aware of installs bundled with adware and/or malware. Glad to see you've got it all working though.