There's All Sorts And Kinds Of Modeling ...

FoolTrottel

• 2. Administrators

Whoa, whoa, whoa! - has the operative completed the mandatory Health and Safety Manual Handling course (Appendix B, subsection 2.1, paragraph 3)? I don't see any evidence of gloves or goggles in use here  (paragraph 5.2, subsection 12). Or Hi-vis jackets.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Is this a holiday trip?  Why are you towing a submarine FT? 

Submarine? WTF? If anything like it, it's only half a U boat!

It's a very nicely built wooden very speedy speedyboat!   :)

And the trailer is scratch built as well, apart from its wheels...

WP_20160113_16_50_55_Pro__highres_zpsvkp

Whilst it certainly looks like a nicely built wooden very speedy speedyboat,  judging by the gaps in your clinker, once on the water and doing its speedy speedy thing it will rapidly become a submarine.

You don't want gaps in 'yer clinker m8.  

Who would? :sleepy3:  

Edit; how did you build the trailer?

• 1. DDz Quorum

You guys have just reminded me of one of the two things I remember from school.... That there boat is Carvel built not Clinker...... Impressed ? Lol

FT you could posh it up a bit so it looks like one of those beautiful Riva speed boats.....

http://www.riva-yacht.com/en-us/riva/scalemodels.aspx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

So, in my hunt for a 1/64 (S) scale fork lift truck (I one to be able to lift my custom built 1/64pallets) I kinda failed miserably, as I had ordered a truck, 1:70 sized according to the box, but as it arrived it was much and much larger.

Somewhere between 1:16 and 1:25.

Failed? Well, this thing is all metal, steering rear wheels, connected to the steering wheel. The lift part goes up/down nicely in two stages, ánd it tilts ... !

WP_20160214_15_18_52_Pro__highres_zpsf1l

All in all, a very nice model!

And so, as I'm still modeling, I decided to create pallets fitting this model ... initially, I created a 1:18 scale pallet:

WP_20160214_15_19_45_Pro__highres_zpsolw

That one appeared to be a bit too large, and further research shows this truck is actually 1:25 scale.

So...

WP_20160214_15_19_11_Pro__highres_zps7xw

And indeed, what's next?  :shaunhb:

Safety warning: 
I was wearing glasses, happy about that as during the work on one of the pallets, I manage to snap the blade of my hobby knife... BANG!  ... parts flying around, one of 'm hitting my forehead, above the right hand eye. Bleedin'!

So, next I needed to replace the bladed. Opened up the container, picked out a blade ... yikes, sharp, cut my thumb! Bleedin' !

Should've worn gloves as well I guess....