Proposal: Dcs Event

DD_Fenrir

7 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Day?

• Yes!
    • No!

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hello all!

A lot of us chaps own this excellent sim so I was curious to see if we could organise a Saturday afternoon/evening event to get as many as possible of us together for a group DCS bash.

1. We wait till 1.5 goes full release (i.e out of Beta) so that all Dogz can join

2. Make it a WW2 fighter centric gathering rather than a full blown combat arena 

3. Encourage those have not yet tried DCS:World to download the free game and try the TF-51D

4. Have a small area of the map for WW2 dogfights for those with itchy trigger fingers

5. Have a 1950s era section of the map for Sabre/Mig-15 fanboys

6, Have a chopper section for whirlybird fanciers

7. Have a fast jet section for our kerosene sniffing elements

Thoughts?

1. We wait till 1.5 goes full release (i.e out of Beta) so that all Dogz can join

2. Make it a WW2 fighter centric gathering rather than a full blown combat arena 

3. Encourage those have not yet tried DCS:World to download the free game and try the TF-51D

4. Have a small area of the map for WW2 dogfights for those with itchy trigger fingers

5. Have a 1950s era section of the map for Sabre/Mig-15 fanboys

6, Have a chopper section for whirlybird fanciers

7. Have a fast jet section for our kerosene sniffing elements

Thoughts?

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. Yes

6. Yes

7. Yes

Helicopters, 60/70's jets, and of course warbirds for me, but I'll fly anything I can buy really.

All except the WWII stuff.  My question would be how to integrate the flying such that it truly is a group event, with everyone (or at least most) in the same airspace, despite the different eras.  Maybe if us kerosene sniffers limited ourselves to dumb iron bombs and rockets so that we could join the fray without being there-and-gone (missiles from a-far, LGBs, etc), even for the puttsy old A-10?  The real conundrum is mixing helos with anything that has its wings firmly attached.

Does anyone know of a way to split TS, so that only the flight leaders would be transmitting on "tactical", but the flight would still be able to talk among themselves?  I've seen it happen that important messages (SAM, sir!) get lost with too many people on the party line.  Or maybe not.  I seem to remember that's the way it was in Vietnam, everyone on the same strike frequency.  Also, SAMs are a bit unfair to the older stuff.  Probably just stick with AAA as a threat.

As a sidenote, I kinda got the impression that 1.5 was the Beta - for 2.0.  Might be wrong on that account.

• 2. Administrators

It wasn't going to be all dogfighting if I understand Fen's first post - yeah, some of that by all means but away from the field and only between people who have agreed to be combatants - I have enough trouble getting up and down safely in DCS without wanting to make it any more difficult by adding bullets into the mix. So people who want to learn to fly the these beasties and those that want a scrap can do so all at the same time - I suspect with the numbers using DCS you're going to struggle to get more than a 2v2 in the early days at any rate,

Yeah, while (dog)fighting is also cool if we can organize it due to differences in modules and eras, just getting together and having our own little "airshow", basically hanging around in different aircraft, is good enough for me.

• Like 1