Dcs 1.5 Beta Is Out! Downloading Now...

Snacko

You install the beta as a separate install, along side (in another folder) your normal DCS game.  The install copies your settings over from your normal install.  And even has a separate Users\.....\Saved Games\DCS Beta folder.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/

You are supposed to then go into the Module Manager and Login to get your purchased modules activated (you don't loose activations)..  I'm have been having login problems for the past 2 days with beta v1.2.16, but I hope it's on their server side, and that 1.5 will fix that.

I just tried it in the Oculus, absolutely stunning performance, major fps gains for me and with everything turned to max, really nice to see cockpit shadows properly in the rift for the first time, I may be seen online on a dogz night some time soon.

Ok, I figured it out.. sort of.

My old Bitdefender bug is back. All I have to do is Disable Bitdefender AV/FW for about 10 seconds, then re-enable them. And it lets DCS connect. This is an old bug... I have spent about 5 hours trying all combinations of adding DCS exes to the BD exclusions list in the FW and in the AV and the results were always flaky. Sometimes my fix appeared to work.  Then it would fail..

The only consistent solution was to disable then re-enable either (or both... I can't remember) the AV or FW.  Which is a bug, because the FW/AV is on at first, and I cannot connect.  And it is also on the second time, but I CAN connect.  Very annoying, but now I know..

I haven't found an answer to my 'delete' question yet but have posted a new thread on ED and will deal with that issue later.

Couldn't resist any longer so have commenced the download anyway.

Just did some tests on the 'old' version and getting avg. 30fps on high settings. I will re-test using the same criteria when the beta is installed and report back.

For those 'number crunchers' amongst us, download is 7740.3 MB (currently achieving 7.8MB/s download speed) with BT Infinity.

• 2. Administrators

I hope you've spoken to BT about your infinity connection. 7.8mbps is not good enough considering you get 40 or 80mbps at the street cabinet. If you're a long way from the cab the length of copper will have a detrimental effect but when I worked for them we were expected to provide a minimum of 20mbps and if we couldn't get that the customer was entitled to be put back on a standard (cheaper) broadband connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Jabo,

Just ran Ookia speed test - 59.83 Mbps (download) and 16.34 Mbps (upload)

Reckon the DCS download is governed by the server and/or network traffic rather than my infinity.

Hi B16Enk,

I just copied down what it said on the DCS download screen (the one which has the progress bar)

All good stuff.... now heading back to get 1.5 running on my triple screens - having a few teething problems :(

• 2. Administrators

Yeah, you'll be right about the dcs network being the culprit John, I was a bit concerned though that BT had left you with those speeds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk