Where Do I Find Pilot Notes For These Planes?

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to compile a library of Pilot Notes for all my RoF planes.

Requiem's Youtube tutorials are GREAT but he doesn't cover the start-up and landing procedure for these ones:

Albatros D.II 

Pfalz D.111a

Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter

Sopwith Pup

Sopwith Dolphin

Bristol F2B (F.II)

Can anyone help?

Maybe the procedure for these ones are the same as other similar planes - if so, please advise

Kind regards / fingers crossed :)

Not sure if you've seen the RoF manual Slicker but you can get it here;

http://riseofflight.com/forum/topic/27806-2012-rof-user-manual-now-available-engrusgerfraspa/

Although I must admit I've never read it! :rolleyes:

Start up for the Albi and Pfalz is the same as the other Jeeerman planes fitted with the Mercedes engine.  Mixture is fixed on the ground so just close the throttle fully and then open it a crack and press E.  If you've got warmed up engine selected in options then you'll need to pay attention to the radiator control on the Pfalz.

Albi DII has no radiator control.  Start up for the Sopworths and the Bristol is the same as the Camel or SE5a; close throttle fully then open it crack. Mixture needs to be set to full rich - 100 %,  then press E.  On start up lean mixture to 90% for max takeoff revs. The Bristol fighter and that weird thing the Dolphin have inline liquid cooled engines with radiator control.

Landing?  Not sure of any firm figures.  I can only land the Pup by switching the engine off and waiting patiently for it to stop flying.  Everything else I can seem to land o.k. on a closed throttle and a great deal of side slipping on finals to reduce speed.  Blipping the throttle on rotaries helps here.  

Hi DD_Arthur, 

Thanks for your help, I'll use the info to fill in a few gaps and have another look at the manual. I've managed to get most of the info I need by watching Requiem's excellent tutorial's on Youtube. Incidentally, I've also read quite a few of your earlier posts (must have been dated around the time you first got into RoF). If memory serves me right, in one such post you mention having totted up the cost of your RoF hangar and revealing that you'd spent $200 on content - that's a serious collection of planes - did the Mrs ever find out? :)

- did the Mrs ever find out? :)

Are you mad?  I've still got to figure out a way to smuggle a three foot long bright blue and yellow electric helicopter into chez Arthur! :shaunhb: 

Anyway, several  years ago the CEO of the Bank of Dad Ltd (that'll be me) had meeting with the bank's shareholder (that'll be me too) and agreed a policy of financial non-disclosure. :thumbsu:    

• Like 1

Yes, that was a planning cun which, no doubt, would have held good around the time of it's implementation but these days the Mrs only has to make a formal application under the freedom of information act to the Bank Of Dad Ltd and you're knackered. In the interest of risk mitigation, you need to sneak that yellow asset out of your chez without delay... tell you what... since you helped me out, I owe you a favour... so, I'll pop round in the morning for it...  :too_funny: