Nevada Test And Training Range Map Now Available For Pre-Purchase!

slicker55

• 2. Administrators

That's not too demanding is it?

Is a i7 faster than an i3? Never heard of the i3 before..

Sent via Galaxy Note 4 with Tapatalk.

I7 is significantly faster than the i3 - IIRC the i3 is a dual-core cpu whereas the i7 comes in 4, 6 (& 8?) core variants

I appear not to be eligible for a free copy of the Nevada map :sad5: although I think I've had the A-10 for yonks I can't find the original purchase info so meh.

What's so special about this map that makes it better or more interesting than the Caucasus one? Just asking, as currently I don't see the point in buying this over a module.

"Someplace else to fly".  I understand that the city areas are really nice and they've done uber textures around those areas.  Other than that? Zippo.  What got me was someplace else, even though it's not technically a war zone.  I've been flying that same map for years now, it's time for something else.

Ah, well I only started with DCS half a year ago and stopped 3 weeks later (as I went away to work for 5 months elsewhere and will resume now that I'm back), so Caucasus is quite nice for me still. Plus there's kind of a bond as I've been to Georgia.

Pretty much what Kira said.

The new EDGE graphics engine does a lot of the work to make things look better, and give you better framerates.  That engine works on all maps, and on everything.

The old map looks better, but that's all.  They have made no other improvements to it.  But the new NTTR map has a ton of new detail to the cities and airfields.  Just watch one of the videos to see all the new stuff to make it look more realistic.  They put a lot of time into making this map as real as possible.  It's much better than the older maps.  But as a theater of operations, it's just basically the Top Gun/Red Flag training base.