Nevada Test And Training Range Map Now Available For Pre-Purchase!

slicker55

I think buying the map will be a 'no brainer' for most - it's just a case of when to part with your dosh....

People can get the special price and goodies by buying it now but I take it the map will only work when DCSW 2.0 is released?

...it's just a case of when to part with your dosh....

People can get the special price and goodies by buying it now...

Seems quite the no brainer if it's just a matter of "the map will be available when it's available, but buy now and lower price + extra goodies, including the map when it's out".

Also "Both of these options also include a 20% bonus savings on future purchases at full price."

Is it me, or is that worded as to mean "ALL future full price purchases you make will be discounted 20% because you bought this Alpha at this time"?

By the way, Youtube teaser for the Nevada Range, released today:

Not I.  I figure that the savings on the two campaigns alone make it worth buying early, plus the fact that it's another map, any other map, in the long overdue arena of "Someplace else to fly, please!"  Additionally, I know exactly where that 20% discount is going... the F-14 the day it becomes available.

Wow, check out the recommended specs for DCS 2.0;

Minimum system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i3; RAM: 8 GB; Free hard disk space: 30 GB; Video: 2 GB RAM card, DirectX11 - compatible;requires internet activation.
Recommended system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+; RAM: 16GB; Hard disk space: 30 GB; Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX780 / ATI R9 290 DirectX11 or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

Thats pretty stiff! :shaunhb: 

• 2 weeks later...

Have to say this beta release has totally transformed DCS for me... doubled my frame rates (60+ even with higher settings) so, a huge improvement especially when you take into account I'm running three screens and a touchscreen. I have also noticed how much smoother this runs and the whole thing just 'feels' more solid. Overall, very impressed and really looking forward to the full release and, of course, the NTTR map :)