Missile Guidance Systems Explained

APHill

This guy must be a politician. He sounds like one.

After listening to and watching this video I think you will likely conclude that it could not be explained any "clearer" than this.....after experiencing this instructional video, you'll be just as smart about missile guidance as I am.  It is all about the meaning of the word “is”. 

• 1. DDz Quorum

Well, that is exactly how I tell AI when making 1946's missions, to go take position and move itself on it's way to the end of the mission, where it wasn't. There. Not. Ís.

It's all about position it is, like where they wasn't there  not here and  SHIFT.

Yeah, makes perfect sense ... 

I think...

Edited by FoolTrottel
edited to take position

INS, Inertial Navigation Systems, the boat/airplane version of this IGS for missiles, has been in use for decades and is quite accurate, assuming you're very careful about getting very accurate about the initial position of the system, as any errors quickly magnify the further you get from your initial start point - and the more equations that get run.  It's a great backup for GPS.

• 1 month later...

When I first encountered DCS, I had no idea where I was but having watched this video I now realise this was a good thing because not knowing where I was put me in a stronger position to know where I wasn't. This means that even if I thought I was totally lost, in fact I wasn't, something which is very reassuring for someone that's not sure whether they're lost or not. Several months on, I load DCS and think I know where I am but then, applying the video-science, I recall this isn't a good thing as it means I'm totally lost which means I've been wasting my time and have learned absolutely nothing about DCS. My conclusion: the video is spot on (which means it isn't) I think!  :icon_scratch:

• 2. Administrators

When I first encountered DCS, I had no idea where I was but having watched this video I now realise this was a good thing because not knowing where I was put me in a stronger position to know where I wasn't. This means that even if I thought I was totally lost, in fact I wasn't, something which is very reassuring for someone that's not sure whether they're lost or not. Several months on, I load DCS and think I know where I am but then, applying the video-science, I recall this isn't a good thing as it means I'm totally lost which means I've been wasting my time and have learned absolutely nothing about DCS. My conclusion: the video is spot on (which means it isn't) I think!  :icon_scratch:

Lol