Profiles Wont Save

Eshark

Hey Fellas

Iam trying to set up different profiles for aircraft,but nothing seems to be saving only the f15 i try the SU-27 profile and nothing is being saved this is what Iam doing

selecting aircraft in control menu

assigning the axis and buttons then saving the whole profile ie throttle,then the joystick,MFG CROSSWIND

I see the profile saved in games folder as a lua file

but when loaded nothing works

Does anyone have a walk through as to how to create the profile correctly

Cheers

Eshark

If you are talking about saving a profile from within the DCS Game, I am not sure if you are doing something wrong.

Do you understand that the game only saves the 'currently selected' controller for the current module that you are editing?  It does not save everything all in one file for all modules.

For example:

If you had an x55 hotas, (which has a separate stick and throttle devices), and you also had rudder pedals.  And you wanted to save them all for the F-15, you would have to do this:

Select the F15 module in the Options/Controls

Customize all of the controllers how you want.

Select any command box/cell under the x55 stick and click the 'Save Profile as' button at the top.  This will only save the control assignments for the x55 stick for the F15 module.  So name the file: "F-15 x55 Stick"

Next, select any command box/cell under the x55 throttle and save that profile as..  and name it F-15 x55 Throttle

Next, select any command box/cell under the rudder pedals and save that the same way....

There, you have just saved your control assignments for one module.  Now do all of that for every module that you have and you are done.  

It's a lot of work, but that's how it works.   You cannot save all modules/controllers at one time.

Hope this helps..

• Like 1

so I tthought what about creating standard profiles for american and russian stuff then I noticed that the contoler setting a recognised as lua files and only the warthog hog joystick throttle and MFG crosswinds are showing in up in all the default folders in Input.I copyied and pasted my standard profiles in to the asigned aircraft folders and it seems to have worked.Instead of going through each module all I did was go into cprogrames saved games dfc and deleted those default and pasted mine in job jolly