This Is Turning Into A Major Pain In The Rear End

DD_Arthur

Got back from hols on Thursday having left chez Arthur in the hands of son #2 for a fortnight :sleepy3:.  His report on our return;

a)  "I've crashed and broken your electric helicopter Dad"

B)  "I've punctured your two man inflatable Kayak at Ladram Bay Dad"

c)  "The central heating system seems to have stopped working Dad"

d) "We've been adopted by a racing Pigeon Dad"

Well a, b and c can or have been remedied by the application of soldering iron, puncture repair kit and a Plumber. The central heating boiler could yet turn out to be a real pain in the rear end but I won't know until my plumber returns from his own hols in another fortnight.

Item d;

401.jpg

Er....hopefully it'll bugger off of its own accord in a few days.

However I digress.  My major pain in the rear at the moment is that I fired up my game pc on Friday for the first time in a fortnight and upon logging in got a red-bordered message from Windows Defender saying it had identified and quarentined a major threat to my pc and I should restart my pc to ensure all would be well...or something like that.

Being a good boy I restarted my pc and upon trying to log in to my user account was told the file had failed to load.   Oh.

This is Win7 64bit btw.

The other user account is my youngest sons.  I can log into that one ok where I can enjoy a great deal of Lego stuff and my own flight sims too and all peripherals work ok but thats about it.  Finn's account is a standard user one so has no administrative rights.

If I want to do anything I'm asked for the Administrator password which I give but the system won't find any files due to "Error Code 08x0070002".

I now find myself in a Catch 22 situation;  I've Googled this error code which seems to have something to do with a Windows Update failure and I've tried downloading Windows tools from Microsoft to fix this error but I can't run them without Administrator rights.  I have no Administrator rights on this account and can't get them because of Error Code 08x0070002, etc, etc. :angry:

415.jpg

Any ideas how I can sort this?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Welcome back!

Hope the holidays them selves were something to remember fondly?

Only if you exclude the 'We're home!" part probably...

Tried booting it in Safe Mode?

System Restore point?

Is this the issue:  click ?

Good Luck!

The dove has rings, take the legs off of it, then... no wait, take a high res picture of the rings, zoom in, record its numbers and then go online to www.lostdoves.co.uk  and ... 

• 2. Administrators

Have you thought about pie?

On a more serious note I think FT has the solution. For future reference I'd also consider creating a separate administrator account apart from your own so you have a way back into the machine should your account be neshed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the ideas FT.  I've tried System Restore using Finn's account but you need to have Administrator rights for that.  I did think about going into safe mode but I actually didn't reralise Win7 does this, Doh!  I think that might be worth a try but how do you get into Safe Mode again? :rolleyes:

If all this fails I'll give that link a go but I'm very wary of interferring with the registry.  I'll start with Safe Mode I think.  How does that go again?  Lol.

@Painless; yes, I think a happy ending for our feathered friend would certainly ensure a recovery of my pc in some deep-karma like way.  Perhaps I am being punished for two weeks of freeloading at my m8 Charles's house on Arcachon Bay :thumbsu: .

@Jabo; yep, realised too late that Finn may as well enjoy Administrator Rights too!

@Pooka;  Friar has Badgers?  I'd keep that to yourself m8.  You know how it goes.  Once they know Friar has a Badger, eveyone will want one :salute:

• 1. DDz Quorum

Tap F8 and try chkdsk c: /F as well.

Rarely hurts ;)

Badgers and pigeons huh?

We have a stray pussy. Do I win?

Joking aside - the cat is emaciated, the sister of the owner is about to drop her first child (Wednesday) and the poor cat is nearly always out 24/7 fending off bobcats and other critters.

She is so loved her name is 'Kitty' seriously...

• 1. DDz Quorum

Can not help much on the pc front other than what you have been advised but for the pidgeon.....if you can catch it and read the ring you should be able to identify the owner from the National Assoc of Racing Pidgeons.

Back at the Priory we keep a few for when the internet goes down. We have a collection from "Ummerzon" for those who are undersided what to buy, "SelfieBook" for people who only talk to themselves and "E-by-GumBay" for all things Yorkshire.

We strap the order to the legs and off they go.

• Like 1

Ta-Da!  Guys; I love you and I want Painless to bear your children :P

Got it fired up in Safe Mode and ran System Restore.  Everything now peachy.  Thankyou very much for the good advice. 

OK, Percy Pigeon 'ere is next on the agenda.  Tomorrow morning at breakfast I'll grab 'im - won't be too hard as he's so docile he'll feed out of our hands - and get the info off his rings and do the right thing.  I'm just worried with all this Karma going round that when I touch him there will be some StarTrek-Mr.Spock-Vulcan mind-meld situation and he'll become "aware" that in the past I've shot several dozen of his breathren with a .310 shotgun! 

It could be the end of something beautiful!

• Like 1

• 2. Administrators

We had one force-land in the garden a few years ago and he was in a bit of a state - sort of in a heap in the middle of the lawn. Anyway, managed to get him eating and drinking and he started to look a bit brighter but showed no signs of wanting to fly and i was getting concerned about the neighbourhood cats as it was getting dark so we tucked him up in the shed overnight in a box lined with straw borrowed from the rabbit. In the morning I went out to the shed half expecting him to be dead but no, he was sat on a rail that I'd put in to hang models when spraying. I'd already got the ring numbers the previous day so I googled pigeon racing and found a phone number and asked for some help - turns out that he'd got a bit lost - the race had started in Kent and they were heading for the Gainsborough area - and he was in Coventry. It was two more days before the owner came to get him by which time he'd decided the the shed was quite to his liking and was clearly intending to stay, I think he was a bit surprised when he was unceremoniously grabbed by his owner and stuffed into a cat box for the journey back North. I sometimes wonder if he'd been better off staying with us.

In that time we never got around to naming him - but I suspect it would have probably been 'Percy'.

It can only be Percy or Speckled Jim can't it?  I strongly suspect this one lives 'Ooop North' but I wonder where he was released and how he ended up here?

We left blighty a couple of Thursdays ago in a westerly gale and returned to horizontal rain from a westerly front.  I understand, while we've been away sweltering in southern France, our weather has been variable/grotty.  Down y'ere we get our weather from the west and there ain't much west of me except Cornwall (not known for Pigeon racing) and after another three and a half thousand miles, BadAim. 

Hmmm....I wonder if I've got Chet's Pigeon?  After all, Friar appears to have someones Badger!  :shaunhb:

• 2. Administrators

Hmmm....I wonder if I've got Chet's Pigeon?  After all, Friar appears to have someones Badger!  :shaunhb:

You should be able to tell by the accent - and the heavy weaponry. :whistle:

Homing badgers? Interesting...

• Like 1