4.13 Is Here!

BadAim

There's a retro mod available in my special package that means you wouldn't have to have a complete separate install.

You can create one yourself.

The ONLY files that are needed to retro-patch over a working 4.13m RC4 game are:

• DT.dll
  • files.SFS

Even the new SFS files that come with 4.13m RC4 will be ignored by 4.12.2m if you use the above two files.

ALL THAT BEING SAID... use my advise at your own risk.

I keep a stock install ready for updates seperate from playing versions.

Just messed around a bit, looks good.

Alpha. You should know better.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=709965#post709965

Do you have the patch? Have you tested it? Don't download mine. Download the official one and try it yourself.

If you want, make an entire NEW install and try it.

Give it a shot and post back.

I get irritated when people don't test reports and just disagree for the sole purpose of being contrarian.

I have years of experience as a beta tester (we were called the punch team) with 1C Maddox way before DT started with this game... when it was Forgotten Battles (and even before Pacific Fighters). In that time, it is COMMON PRACTICE to utilize the previous files.SFS file to retro-grade an RC, a new patch, etc. All the additional file pointers to the official SFS files are CONTAINED in the files.SFS file. If you replace the current one with the last one (and now the DT.dll file), the game doesn't know any different.

It's why they stopped the practice of overwriting EXISTING SFS files and why they only INCREMENT now.

I know which files dictate how the game versions itself. THE SOLE DIFFERENCE to what I linked in the Vault to the OFFICIAL patch is simply a folder in the jsgmemods folder so people can easily go back to 4.12.2. If you read that, you would know that ALL THE OTHER 4.13RC4 files are untouched. So, I have a clean, vanilla 4.13RC4 version. If you delete that little mod meant to help people out, then it's just the offiical 4.13mRC4 patch.

Grrr.

I'm removing my linked file from the vault.

If you want to retro-patch back to 4.12m, make your own little mod that has

files.sfs

and

dt.dll

and you'll be back at 4.12.2.

Or, you can make a 15GB copy of your game install. :rolleyes:

• 1. DDz Quorum

One of the risks in having a shoutbox I guess. :whistle:

Well, good show...

At least this beats the cr@p that's been shouted out loud over at the shout box ...   :whistle:   \ :huh:/             <_<

Yeah ...

Yep, you're right about that, but it takes at least one git to start, and ...   :P   :)

It's just... I can't stand it... but I can't help it or do anything about it really.... I nearly started shouting about it in the shout box ... lol

• 4 months later...

Hmmm. Again, do this at your own risk.

Begin with 4.12.2m.

It doesn't matter that you use this installation with HSFX.

Following me so far? And we begin:

1. BEGIN with 4.12.2m
  2. DISABLE ALL MODS
  3. Create a folder in your jsgmemods folder called 4.12.2 Stock.
  4. Copy Files.sfs and DT.dll into the 4.12.2 Stock folder. This "makes" a new MOD for 4.12.2m.
  5. You may now update your game to 4.13mRC4
  6. If you wish to "downgrade" your game back to 4.12.2 to take advantage of HSFX (or whatever), ACTIVATE the 4.12.2 Stock MOD
  7. When you want to go back to 4.13mRC4, simply "disable" the 4.12.2 Stock MOD

For me, when I fly with you guys, I activate (from 4.13mRC4):

HSFX

etc.

When I'm done (to get back to 4.13), I simply disable those MODS.

Got it. 

Bullet points help me thanks.  I will work on this another time. Now it is easier just to point Hyperlobby to my 4.13 install when I need it then mucking with the JSGME. I was hoping it was much less of a chore.

Thanks for the info

Tolwyn,

I didn't say complicated.  I said chore  :fpc:      My PC/game time is valuable these days and I don't feel like spending it on re configuring something that is currently workable. It creates the chance of me screwing up what I do have and spending more time trying to fix it.

I was looking for 1 line of magic code to stick in a folder.    :gone_fishing: