Dcsw 60% Sale : 29 May - 8 June

slicker55

Picked up the MIG 15bis and BS2 this time.  Don't know when I'll have time to learn the 15.  But the BS2 was always a hassle to install since I had the upgrade, and had to install BS1 first.  So, that should make things easier next time. 

You'll be flying it from your rocking chair Arthur.   :oldman:

Actually, I believe EDGE will be out this year.  Maybe by fall.  There are a lot of doubters out there.  But the best thing DCS can do is just keep quiet about it and release it when it's ready.  And from the videos and reports I have seen it is looking pretty darn ready to me.

DD_Arthur,

Out of interest, why are you holding back from buying 'anything new' until EDGE comes out?

You got me wondering whether there will be any compatibility issues using the current line up of of planes with EDGE? 

Fingers crossed / hope not!

No compatibility issues Slicker - it's just a matter of how many sims there are to choose from versus time available to fly them.   DCS sales come fast and frequently so I'm more interested in EDGE being released than acquiring new modules at the moment.

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

F86 tempts me.

Got so many modules though, and insufficient time to use them...

Still not managed to get the FW190 off the ground, blaming it (for now) on the sticky X55.. can't possibly be my lack of skills!

Get the Mig 21 and Charly Owls Guide. It's an awesome plane. AP & Jack are going to learn that one next. I've got the Startup, Takeoff,, Landing, and RSBN Nav down so far.

Sent via Galaxy Note 4 with Tapatalk.

Hi bud - Andy ! Looks like you're more into DCS 'cause i can't remember when the two of us flew together the Sturmovik. I am a new addict to DCS too, got the MiG15 and the MiG21. These were the planes i grew up with . For about a month i have made the transition from flying piston driven planes from Il2 to the jet subsonic - pretty much like in real life here...I would really love to get in touch with you guys and practice / learn the MiG21 since it is a totally different way of flying , involving electronic devices for homing , approach, target aquisition ...you know , the whole nine yards. If you can give me some guidance - links , materials , etc. until i can join you on a server it would be great . Just like going back to JO School. Especially some of you guys over the pond are licensed pilots.

~S~

I don't know the Mig 15 yet. But I can help you get started on the Mig 21 and DCS in general..

Send me a PM when you would like to get on TS and I'll send you some stuff and get you started..

Sent via Galaxy Note 4 with Tapatalk.