Scrimmage?

• 1. DDz Quorum

So we wouldn't need a server Rog? Cos that was what the cost was based on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope no server required :)

Mumble is easy to set up, and from what I recall is less resource hungry than TS

• 1. DDz Quorum

I'm afraid I don't really understand why not - do we not have one for TS? If not, what are we logging in to?

Server I mean

Our TS co-exists on our wbesite, mumble server could also coexist.

TS was installed and configured by me, and uses a MySQL database.

Not sure if Mumble does use MySQL or not though, but a minor point.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I've been in touch with Spartans re. the scrimmage, they are asking if our first encounter could be vanilla 4.12.2 as they are sorting out HSFX. Sunday may still be on. I've said we will be using TS.

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Re. Scrimmage. Plan is to meet this Sunday 31 May. Base Raid on Spartan server with 4.12.2 vanilla and using our Teamspeak, meeting in the lobby and then using separate rooms for the flying, meeting back in the lobby afterwards. Just need to sort a time as they are 4 hours behind us so could mean a 22:00 GMT start for us. Watcha think? 

mumble is nice peace of software, and can coexist on the same server as TS with no problem. But i'm sure there is some reason why majority uses TS.

One thing i can think of with my limited Mumble experience is the lack of whisper groups. Or could just be that i did not know how to set up one.

I'm at work right now, but I'll find time in the next few days to get the map to you guys so you can check it out and get a feel for it.

Both bases have the same plane selection and amount. The planes are DF spawn, so when you choose one, you spawn in an actual plane already on the runway.  If they are destroyed by attack, the exact planes hit get auto-deleted from your inventory. So guarding your hangars is #1. The game ends when one team has no more planes to spawn into.

In addition, there are naval ships and a few AI scouts as well.  The Naval ships act as spotters so when an enemy is in range of one (range is dependent on ship size), that plane will show up on everyone's map. Sinking the ships blinds your opponent.  Same goes for the scout planes. 

It's a lot of fun and action packed with a little something for every kind of pilot (bombing, torpedo, dogfight, intercept, etc.)  This will be the biggest match we've had on it though.  I'm looking forward to it.

• 1. DDz Quorum

mumble is nice peace of software, and can coexist on the same server as TS with no problem. But i'm sure there is some reason why majority uses TS.

One thing i can think of with my limited Mumble experience is the lack of whisper groups. Or could just be that i did not know how to set up one.

Whisper is an option apparently!

Any way, Mumble server is up and running on default port.

You will need to self register with the server, no idea if I set a password or not though :D

• 1. DDz Quorum

Heads up boys. I asked about settings on their server and this is what Bishop sent:

"The settings we would prefer to keep the action fast and fun would be -

Fog Of War- on
HUD Icons- on
Cockpit Always On- on (no wonder woman view)
No Player's Own View - on (can't look outside your own plane except when on the ground)
---------------------------------------------
Padlocks are completely up to you guys
Same with bomb fuses
I personally would prefer fragile torpedoes but we'll leave that up to you as well
--------------------------------------------
Realistic Gunnery
Realistic Engine Management
Misc Options full switch

We normally turn on friendly views just so eliminated players who can no longer spawn can watch the action, but this is not necessary.  With a few exceptions, fun takes precedence over realism so we're pretty open to whatever achieves that.  If you don't want to mess with bomb fuses, then no fuses, if you prefer to padlock on to target, cool (just examples).  We prefer HUD icons and speed bar, cockpit lock and no personal externals."

We will be using vanilla 4.12.2 and our TS. Fun starts at 22:00 GMT but expect our guests to arrive earlier in order to set things up. I'll pass on our TS details and get their server address.

I have a map and will put it in the vault. Link here http://dangerdogz.com/forums/files/file/771-base-raid-spartan/ It's a standard small online islands dogfight map with only 2 of the 4 available airfields in use, in a corner diagonally opposite eachother. There are ships as spotters and flak that opens up on you when you have flown half way across the map. It is thick and reasonably accurate. Perhaps we could have a go on it Sunday night before the match?

Cheerzen
  • Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Ok Skidders, so we should get online at normal time Sunday for practice and set up. Match to start at 22.00 GMT ( 23.00 BST ). How many are willing and able to stay up potentially very late, (our side of the pond) for this event?

P.

• 1. DDz Quorum

post-947-0-07191500-1433118680_thumb.jpg

Here's the scores... :)

Good show all...

Never thought I'd make all the way.. from 00:00 to like 2:30am over here...

Good show Spartans! Thanks!

You kept us nice and busy, throwing some nice surprises at us regularly, yet not so regularly that we could count on it!

Thanks Sid for coördinating and timing it...