A10-C : Nose Wheel Steering (Nws)

slicker55

Hi Guys,

I have NWS keyboard command (INSERT) mapped to the small round 'pinky' button on my Saitek X-55 HOTAS stick.

Whenever I press this button to activate/deactivate NWS the screen freezes for approx 3 seconds during which time the plane is free to go where it wants - clearly something is wrong!

After the delay everything is OK again.

Any idea's?

• 2. Administrators

Sounds like you've got the pinky mapped to something else as well. Might be worth double-checking your control bindings. Of course I could just talking b*ll*cks and someone knowledgeable will turn up shortly and say "press ctrl-e" or something and hey presto!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Jabo,

Thanks for being the first to reply - i'm sure others will be along soon... I thought the same as you but I've checked and can't find a duplicate anywhere. I have changed the INSERT for a different command which i know is unused but with the same result. Something I have noticed is that when the button is pressed (even very quickly) it fires the command several times so this might be the root of the problem... Just about to try a different button... I take it that yours doesn't behave in the same way as I originally outlined?

Problem solved... reprogrammed the button using a different key stroke - it appears the button was sending multiple keystrokes although the optional 'repeat' command was not in use. Just one of those strange things that keeps us guessing.