Dippin' Toe In Water... (Newbie)...

As if being a newbie to a shed load of new hardware, gadgets, cables, DCSW, 1946 & CLOD wasn't a steep enough learning curve for any sane person to take on board, I'm now curious to take a look at ROF...

Let me put this as politely as I can - I have a very influential trainer!

:salute: 

I have discovered the free demo download website which is fine.

However, a number of on-line retailers are currently offering Steam keys for various editions for only a few dollars.

Examples include:

Channel Battles Edition

The First Great Air War
Iron Cross

Here's a few questions:

Which is the best edition to get (and why)

Are the any drawbacks to using Steam for this title?

Will ROF run on a triple screen setup?

Thanks in advance....

• 2. Administrators

You want the 'Iron Cross Edition' - best way to get a reasonable number of aeroplanes to start off with. Unfortunately this is not available via Steam (appears to be unavailable elsewhere too now) so you'd have to go with the Channel Battles Edition + whatever DLC's you fancy. Unfortunately you've just missed out on a sale on Steam - RoF items were 60% off.

You might want to hang on though and get some stick time in the other sims first - although I understand Snacko's point, you're giving yourself a pretty damn steep learning curve. Mind you, some people like that - takes all sorts...

Hi Jabo,

I am finding it challenging but fascinating and addictive - Amongst the many things I've learned so far is some early advice which still stands true today -   no names / no pack-drill once advised,  "maintaining a well greased stick is the secret to keeping a permanent smile on a pilots face"....

This advice coupled with the occasional reference to sheep is totally confusing :)

No... not for a while!

Oh, got ROF (IC) from (am I allowed to say?) for £10 - instant download with a serial key...installed (no probs) but it showed up as a demo - tried to activate serial -rejected.

Emailed ROF today... great response (almost immediate) and they fixed the issue  - dunno what went wrong.