Sow Event Thursday 02 April 2015

I can hold my own as well as navigate with relative ease, I just can't hold proper formation if my life depended on it (and it kinda does). Really I find myself lagging behind or going too fast despite being on the same settings. god forbid I try to speed up to keep up, half a minute later I'll be zooming past everybody like a runaway train. And rolling the plane to spot targets is an invitation to loneliness.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Alas, there's no secret to it Rox, just gotta work the throttle all the time; and if you wait until the moment you think you're overtaking/falling behind to adjust the throttle it's already too late! When I'm formating my left arm is going back & forth like a fiddler's elbow, and I still get caught out! 

It's easier in Il-2: 1946 as the a/c accelerate and decelerate more quickly, CloD seems to exhibit much greater inertia in this respect thus making things much more tricky.

• 1. DDz Quorum

It wás good fun indeed...

We did not get to shoot at any enemy bombers, but we did have an 'interesting' encounter with some 109's... thanks to Red 1 excellent leadership we got away without too much damage...

They did have a lot more energy than us, initially they were outnumbered, but more appeared quickly.

I've seen two 109's, one zipping by from one to zeven o'clock, another one on my five, with tracers zipping by, which I somehow escaped by turning/diving... not sure who warned me, but thanks big time! The rest of the a/c I pointed my guns at, all were Spitties... 

Loved it!