What The Hell Is This? - Community Universal Patch C.u.p.

• 1. DDz Quorum

It's my other IL2 install :) Intended for single player use, it's the product of months and months of trial and error, install and testing to give the most stable and interesting mod pack out there. Three scenarios are covered...WW1 (with Gothas and Zeppelins) 30's to WW2 and after including Korea, Vietnam, F4 Phantoms, Tu Bears and F18s. Still moddable, enables me to fly stuff we Dogz don't ;)

I think it would be the shear number of mods that could be selected, causing issues with what people see such as aircraft "floating " above runways, bombs not seen exploding etc. BUT it has vast number of objects, ships etc so great for mission builders.

When installing modules is it ok to overwrite files? I have tried 3 times to get this running and the first time I just said overwrite all and got a CTD. So the second install I said no to all and It ran but it was just IL2 with mod act 5.3 nothing else.

Is this the order of installation?

Start point:  il2/1946 + 412 + sas modact (5.3)

2)module one

3)apply the flight era modules

4)sas il-2 4.12.2m mega patch

Or is it:

Start point:  il2/1946 + 412 + sas modact (5.3)

1) Sas il-2 4.12.2m mega patch

2) Module one

3) Apply the flight era modules

• 1. DDz Quorum

As you have done AP, starting point is 4.12.2, however you get to it. Then apply Modact 5.3 only. Then it has to be module 1, which is the maps that all the other 3 flight eras use.

Then module 2, module 3 and module 4. It doesn't matter which of the flight era modules goes first, they are all optional and totally separate from eachother. Just make sure the separate module parts go in order and yes, you overwrite any files that the installation asks to be overwritten.

Well, I got CTD with WOW, fixed it as per instructions. Now I get CDT with Jet era. I dont see any instructions for that. I see the hash checker tool  stuff but I have no clue on how to use it.

I uninstalled the jet age and  redownloaded the jet age stuff and reinstalled it. It now loads. The only problem I have with both the WWI module and the Jet Age module is with the QMB (the WAW module QMB works) when you click on Quick Mission it locks up, I have to CTL+ALT+DEL to get out.

I'm making progress at least no more CTD's.

Thanks for your help

What makes this single player/offline only?

I wanna fly the F4 online!

Just the sheer

As Crash said, sheer number of mods.  In theory, it is multiplayer capable - so long as everyone has exactly the same thing. The problem is when you get people modding stuff, making sure no one has anything anyone else doesn't have gets difficult to impossible.  Essentially it's hard to trust that someone hasn't done something, though in reality, if people are disciplined, it should work just fine.  That's the advantage of one big pack like this.  You get it all, and everyone in a multiplayer should be on the same page.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Just the sheer

(...)  You get it all, and everyone in a multiplayer should be on the same page.

In theory, yes.

But, even with our limited set of mods we are using... There will always be one or two that prefer Tiger 2.0 sounds over the 3.0... or whatever.

And, apart from trust, even the slightest differences will result into issues... 

Edit: Effin' MODS! :shaunhb:

I don't think any of the JSGME options should make any difference in CUP. Even so, it would be a limited number of players anyway as I doubt CUP would be mainstream for us. I'd love to try an online trial on some off night, I don't see any reason it wouldn't work, given everyone has machines that can run it efficiently.

BTW Tiger sounds are built in, so Cup wouldn't be you cup 'o tea, Arjen. :)

BTW, for those that just have to add something, it should be fairly easy to package it into JSGME so that it would be easy to roll it back for online use

In HSFX 7 external views were controlled by head movement if you are using Track IR. In the  CUP mod, external views are apparently controlled by your mouse, Is it possible to change that back to you track IR as in HSFX 7 and all other previous versions of IL2?