A-10C My Thoughts

CaptJackG

Howdy guys, AP and myself are working on learning this sim. It is a lot of fun. There is lots to learn and even just learning to start/taxi/TO/and Land is an accomplishment that you enjoy learning and feel good about.

Seems like when we start on one thing we uncover more to be learned. Not just the learning but watching your AGM-65D strike a radar site or your GBU-12 plink a tank gives you an inner warmness, like petting a puppy or clubbing a baby seal (you get my drift).

Just last night we decided to run this one mission we had at night. Another aspect to the sim is uncovered, night flying and even getting back to the field for an ILS approach gives a you warm and fuzzy.

We've developed some checklist for starting and setup and individual weapon deployment, I've uploaded these checklist to our vault. The one important thing I can see for the A-10C is having the HOTAS commands set up on your controls. AP and I are both using TM Warthogs which DCS sees and configures automatically (which is really handy) but if I were using my CH stick and throttle I would be sure and set all the HOTAS controls to those.

There are a lot of interesting things being developed for DCS, Mig 15 (due this month), NTTR (Nevada Test & Training Range) coming, and other aircraft. I'm looking forward to learning about these new aircraft.

Another thing AP and I have decided it is more fun learning this with someone else than just doing it by yourself, there has to be some correlation to a life lesson here somewhere. Anyway the more the merrier (another correlation) and in our Monday evening ROF group were now alternating that with DCS.

So if you feel the need sometime to want to takeoff a plane with 6 Mavericks and 10 500lb laser guided bombs and go blow SH*t up, well, you know who we are.

• Like 1