A Comment From Some Guy On The Fb 1946 Group

OverDhill

I have flown HFSX more than once and recently, but since I am not a child I can find plenty of things to do with the official version of IL2, and I have the patience to wait until the official developers incorporate additions and improvements as official patches, it is an adult thing.......... Hacks and Mods destroyed many online gaming communities over the years and I like IL2 too much to participate in it's further destruction. If someone wants to help develop IL2, then work with the official developers or don't do it at all.

• 2. Administrators

Whatever. Plenty of mods enhance the gaming experience rather than damage it but if he wants to fly stock IL2 then fine. Judging by the tone of the post I suspect he's just trolling for a reaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only post this as I think it is quite amusing. This was not directed at me but some other player.

"You don't know what you are talking about. Team Daidalos was handed the torch to continue development on IL2 by Oleg Maddox himself, it is the only development work that is legitimate. HSFX and others are simply second-rate.

Hacks/Mods were started by poor virtual pilots who could not hack flying IL2 as it was supplied, so they started hacking it to give their aircraft and weapons the performance they LIKED instead of what the official development team constructed with much research and care. There are simmers and then there are "gamers". If you are interested in flight simming and the integrity of the community and the flight sim, then you support the official developers. If you are simply a common Gamer, then all you are concerned with are shallow and petty features like appearance, sound and other effects that have more to do with hollywood movies. For poor bored little babies it is more important to rush new aircraft and toys into IL2 than to wait and have it done correctly."

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, they are however not entitled to my giving a crap about it. Just another self important know it all spouting ill informed opinion as if it comes down from Sinai. Prefering to use the "authorised version" is fine by me, but insulting people who give thier valuable time to the community for free is just piss ant. Piss ants are to be ignored.

Besides, people that think they know everything really grate on those of us that actually do............:)