Need Help Some Questions On Setup

I am setting up the game on my new PC I have it patched up to the last mod version and need to get video and controls set up so need a bit of help please

I have looked at the atag site and found this http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711

But I hope the guys here can help

Where is the controls INI stored? I have a copy of my old setup and want to copy this to my new PC to save me hassle of assigning all controls again

Is there any recommended setting for nvidea cards ?

Is there any recommendations to other settings for smooth gameplay

Thanks

Dave

I don't have a launcher (launcher.exe) in my list of programs as displayed in your post, I show a Valve Steam (steam.exe)

Is this the same thing, just called by a different name for some reason on my computer?  I have the Show only programs found on this computer checked off and I don't show any launcher.exe or any CloD specific program other than the one I mentioned above.

If it is the proper selection I will try the above settings.  I am not trying to have better landscape or better ability to spot the "dot" at a distance but I am trying to improve aircraft ID at medium ranges.  The way it is they are pretty nondescript until they are fairly close.  IL2 displays aircraft shapes and colors better at greater distances for me.

• 2. Administrators

Hi Goth, no it's not, steam.exe is a different application. Launcher.exe is the one you need. If you have a clod icon on your desktop try right-clicking it and select 'properties' - that should tell you the location of launcher.exe. You could then add the program manually to the list in the nvidia manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Humm, OK.  My desktop shortcut is to a URL (Type of file: Internet Shortcut (.url)) it reads;   steam://rungameid/63950

The location reads: C:\Users\Admin\Desktop

I think this is a result of buying the game on Steam perhaps.  Do I really have anything on my computer, is it not really online?

Anyways, is there anything I can do to make the changes I need to do to adjust my video?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Your 'launcher' will probably be in  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\Launcher.exe"

(If you are using 64 bit W7)

With this info, you should be able to manually add it to the NVidia profile. (Select the path-text, copy it, and use Ctrl-V via 'Add' then 'Browse')