Cpu Issues

Friar

• 2. Administrators

Not really Col, as the cpu would still be sending the instructions to the sound card regardless of whether it's an on-board card or not.

What's all this about another game anyway?

What load issues are you getting and what's your rig got these days?

• 1. DDz Quorum

HI Jabo,

during the game (assetto corsa of course as this is THE only other game) some cars are generating cpu >95% messages and the gane then goes stuttery and the sound goes porked. It is an issue that others have as well, I was just wondering if it might help.

I think the answer might be something like this Friar;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Intel-Core-I5-4460-3-4Ghz-Gigabyte-H81M-H-Motherboard-8GB-Pc-Bundle-/371068597396?pt=UK_Motherboards_CPUs&hash=item5665697494

I'm not sure whether the above is any sort of a good deal but looking at the specs of Assetto Corsa I think you should be looking at a quad core rig to get the most out of it.

• 2. Administrators

I'm with Arthur on this Col, but what are the specs of your machine at the moment? (CPU + clock speed, RAM quantities and graphics card if poss) - in between the turkey leftovers of course. Bear in mind that I was running AC with no issues on this;

CPU: Intel i5 2500K - 3.7Ghz

RAM: 12GB

GFX: nVidia GTX580 3GB

• 1. DDz Quorum

Just throwing this out there:

Is your CPU showing stable speeds?

I was pulling my hair out when I had to swap out Mobo after my original arrived here in the US, and failed to power up the GPU.

I had random stuttering in pretty much any game, after much trouble shooting I determined it was because the CPU was being down clocked randomly by the board.

Setting clock speeds etc. to hard values rather than the automatic values solved it.

Using CPU-Z or CPU-ID I saw the speed fluctuating without load, just running that app!