Announcing the 3rd DD mission is out

delta7

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too please.

Waldo.Pepper@hotmail.com

I never fly with icons but I noticed that Psycho did. What difficulty settings are allowed?

Thanks.

Iv checked and you were on my mailing list mate- if it doesnt arrive in a few hours let me know and i will resend it to you

Id recommend the same as we fly co-op e.g. closed pit except for take off - anything else is acceptable - unlimited ammo but only one bomb release/ rocket fire per run - so no blanket bombing. :cwm21:

• 1. DDz Quorum

Dave, can we clarify the mission brief?

I read it as one rocket release per sweep, however it could be one salvo (4 releases) per sweep. Did I read it correctly as one release per sweep?

Sorry - yes one release ( button press) of either bombs or rockets per sweep please- the idea is to help improve aiming techniques so multiple releases would I think spoil this.

this is only a bit of fun for the gong - for your own enjoyment you can do as you wish - you can edit the mission in FMB or shift Es mission tuner to increase or decrease flack , objects , change planes etc- I dont mind

• 1. DDz Quorum
yes as long as you are alive on the runway.- BTW you missed a convoy in your first track - there are 3 in total and 4 boats- you can see them all using ctrl F2 as I have ground cameras placed. :wink:
:crybaby: :shock:

I didn't know that.....but I do now.

Must brush up on my reading skills!

OOPs sorry Rog - I was going to tease you a bit about this but decided better not to :angel9: - very good flying on the track - the rockets certainly look easier than bombs so I might award 2 gongs - one for rockets and one for bombs- that should keep you all busy. :toothy7:

OOPs sorry Rog - I was going to tease you a bit about this but decided better not to :angel9: - very good flying on the track - the rockets certainly look easier than bombs so I might award 2 gongs - one for rockets and one for bombs- that should keep you all busy. :toothy7:

I am going to fly this sucker today...

• 1. DDz Quorum
Its a good mission, Dave. I know this because its PISSING ME OFF!

Question? On the Mosquito, can be take the 4 500lb loadout, as long as we limit 4 of them dropped on 1 pass?

Hehehe, how about this for pissing one off:

Completed, all 3 convoys destroyed (mostly with cannon) all four ships sunk, do a final circuit to make sure none have been missed and wham! Rudder and[/] elevator shot up.

Managed to make finals but came in too hot and left a crater on the home airstrip. 15 odd minutes total :sad2::angryfire::BangHead: :crybaby: :BangHead:

Its a good mission, Dave. I know this because its PISSING ME OFF!

Question? On the Mosquito, can be take the 4 500lb loadout, as long as we limit 4 of them dropped on 1 pass?

you can take the 4* 500 but only one bomb release / rocket fire button press per pass so I think that will only allow 2 bombs droped- sorry mate :angel4:

Wait, Wait. So from what I am reading. We can use the unlimited Ammo of the bomb/rockets, But are only allowed to drop once per shot. If this is correct It should make it a little easier for me. I have been treating the bombs/rockets as if they were limited. :withstupid:

Sorry guys I thought the brief was clear- I will try to make sure it is better in the next one.

The rules for the medal are- unlimited ammo but only one rocket launch / bomb release button push per run. you can strafe with cannon or m/c to your hearts content.

I chose the 250 bombs over 500 as the mosqueto suffered when loaded up with 500 bombs and the 250 will do the damage required, but if others wish to use the 500s its ok.

The mission was designed to improve our ground attack so I wanted to limit the bombs/missiles as otherwise you could theoretically just fly around with the button down and carpet bomb to obtain objective and that wasnt the point.

If you arent interested in the cometition then of course you can play or edit the mission as you wish.

good luck all

• 1. DDz Quorum

One thing is for sure:

This mission not only hones ground pounding skills very well, but it also does wonders for the development of patience and perseverance.

Very 'Robert Bruce' ;);)

If you arent interested in the cometition then of course you can play or edit the mission as you wish.

good luck all

Fine! Then I am taking a B-25 with unlimited parafrags and I am going to drop them over every, single square inch of that island from around 3000m until it looks like its freakin' snowing. HAH! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

• 1. DDz Quorum

good luck all

Fine! Then I am taking a B-25 with unlimited parafrags and I am going to drop them over every, single square inch of that island from around 3000m until it looks like its freakin' snowing. HAH! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I'm going unlimited ammo with an AI PE8, 5000Kg bombs......there will be no freakin' island by the time I'm done

good luck all

I'm going unlimited ammo with an AI PE8, 5000Kg bombs......there will be no freakin' island by the time I'm done

:roll: :laughing6::laughing3::laughing5: :toothy7: YOU DOGZ !!!!!!!!!!

I have been trying the mission at work during lunch using KEYBOARD controls only....

did great but can't control as well as a joysticj obviously....

brought the joystick to work today. you guys are in trouble broooohahahahahahahaha

:diabloanifire: