Useful Set Up Stuff For Clod

• 4 months later...
  • 2. Administrators

To adjust the size of the ring your gunsight so you can judge when you're at the correct distance for maximum hitting power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Heads up for those installing CloD in Windows 10:

- Do not try and run the stock game, it won't.

- It looks like it will not created the folder My Documents\1C Softclub\IL2 Sturmovik cliffs of dover

- Apply TF patch 3.0, run Launcher as administrator.

Then patch up further and further, between the patches, run Launcher.exe as administrator.

See this video:

This all worked for Sweper, he had the F2 (external view) but could not get back in cockpit. Then he got kicked from the server.

Just re-applying the patches was not good enough, one hás to start the game in between.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Maybe not in Sweper's case FT but it was fine for me. I suspect though that there may be a difference between win 10 home and win 10 pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could it be you had already restored your data / My Documents folder befóre you started steam and installed CloD and TF Patches?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Here's the culprit of the F2 issue:

post-947-0-22702500-1447010040_thumb.jpg

As it appears, there's a duplicate definition of this External  View line.

Now, that's a bug, as you cannot delete the secondary line.

Should you assign F2 to the first line, then the issue will occur that you cannot switch to in cockpit view, and your aircraft will be removed from the session/mission.

• 3 months later...
  • 2. Administrators

Thanks Alpha, really useful guide - had a try offline and it works well. If there was a version on a white background I'd print it out for reference. Don't suppose you know if there is one?

• 9 months later...

This is a very useful thread. I could see 12 of them, and now 14, not sure if I can do any better with 1080p 27" monitor and GTX 660 Ti

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13915&highlight=pixel+view

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi fellow pilots,

Did you ever wonder if you really can see contacts in TFCliffs worse than other pilots? Here is a small single player mission that might help you to find out.
Of course, besides from supporting with monitor calibration (brightness, contrast, gamma) the mission also helps to quickly check if/how SweetFX and other software-based adjustments influence the contact visibility.

Instructions:
1. Download this zip-archive,
2. extract the three files to your missions-directory in "...\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\missions\Single",
3. start up TFCliffs and choose in "Single Player/Single Mission" the mission "Contact Spotting" *.
4. Directly after you have spawned in the plane (109) pause the game (default: "p") and
5. choose the pre-defined 30° zoom-view (default: "Delete").
6. Now count the contacts that you somehow can see in the area left to your plane's gunsight - as tiny and bright the pixels may be.

In total there are up to 16 contacts (Spitfires) that are positioned in 1 km steps from a distance of 1 km to 16 km.

On my screen I somehow can see 14 of the 16 contacts (see attached image):

contact-spotting-dui_2014-11-12.png

In a real flight situation I probably "only" would have some realistic chance to see 11 contacts (meaning contacts up to a distance of 11 km against this bright-blue sky).

So, someone more/less? grin.gif

* Note - thanks to ATAG_Lewis: The 109 that you spawn in should be standing on the ground. If you spawn in an already airborne plane you have to adapt your "realism settings":
Before starting the mission go into 'Custom'..then 'Realism Options'....and check All the 'Visual aides' and check 'Mission Take-Off and Landing'...

• 1 month later...

Here is his forum link

http://stormofwar.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=502

Here is what I tweaked it too.

Just take all the files and drop them into your game folder loceted in Steam folder In C:drive

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

Or elsewhere if you have moved it like I have.

K:\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

inject fx - philstyle settings.zip

Example Picture below

INJFX.bmp

Then once installed the {ause Break key flips it on and off. with it off you can see better in low light if your monitor britness is turned up. But with it on the jaggys go away and the colors look more natural.

• 3 years later...

So chaps I re-installed CLOD Blitz Edition - thought I may as well give it a bash if I get some time as it has been a long time. Is the stuff in this thread still accurate do you think, or will it all change due to Tobruk which I am contemplating picking up at some point?

• 1. DDz Quorum
5 hours ago, Reggie said:

So chaps I re-installed CLOD Blitz Edition - thought I may as well give it a bash if I get some time as it has been a long time. Is the stuff in this thread still accurate do you think, or will it all change due to Tobruk which I am contemplating picking up at some point?

Most of it of p1 and p2 are valid...I'd stay away from Sweetfx / injtfx, it doesn't need it, IMO. And for sure, do not use the TF patches ... lol

Spotting-post and settings is probably not relevant, as Antialiassing in game has changed.

And to add, stop contemplating, and just get it! :shaunv2: 

• Like 1

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread...I have had a look, and tried to use the ammo settings and config.ini settings as outlined on the first page. I did not actually have a MOD folder in this location :

\Users\Username\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD

From memory I seem to remember that was created by the TF patches. I created one manually and added the files, but the loadout for example are not appearing in game, and it looks like the info windows aren't updated either.  

Should I dump them in the main \Users\Username\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover folder instead - and ignore the "MOD" part? That seems to be where the existing files are.