Useful Set Up Stuff For Clod

In general any extra crap running is detrimental to your machine's ability to run demanding software.

CloD seems to have the desktop running in the background unlike IL2 46

Aero visual hallmarks include subtle animations and translucent glass windows, which you can personalize.

Sounds like it's hurting your computing power as well as your video card.

Right click on the desktop, select personalize, and choose a basic theme. You won't even notice the difference.

Well here is what some say to do

Locate launcher.exe in the main Cliffs of Dover directory under steamapps/common. Right click, compatability tab, check disable desktop composition.

Other say they experience tearing when panning with Aero off. We shall see

I was using a SweetFX I got a year or so ago but came across this one which seems to have been tweaked to help spot planes a bit better. Testing it with a mission someone posted that puts planes out at various distances shows it does help a little. It looks good on my 39". Easy to try and easy to get rid of so worth a shot. Not for Windows 8 from what I have read.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13303&highlight=markie

I saw a blurb on switching the german voices with english ones. My de folder has Actor 1-4 but the gb one only has Actor 1-2. The instructions given would eliminate 3-4 and would that cause a problem?

I don't think I will be learning German anytime soon.. lol

• 2 weeks later...