Antivirus Recommendations

CaptJackG

I'm currently using AVG but I don't care for the fact that when you subscribe they set up an auto renewell. People seem to have trouble cancelling and even removing AVG. I've been looking at others and they all seem to have their pros and cons. Because of the new comp I have an opportunity to change my av program.

So any input would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I have used zone alarm internet suite for many years and never had an issue although my kids were severely warned that I would cut off their hands if they down load any thing iffy and always checked with me first so I think that helped as we'll

• 2. Administrators

McAfee also set up an automated renewal thing as I found to my cost, although a spirited discussion with their customer 'service' team sorted that out. These days I use Norton Internet Security and I buy a 3 licence pack annually for about £30.

• 1. DDz Quorum

ZoneAlarm doing a fall special for $19 ;)

Use Kaspersky personally on 5 systems, and McAfee (crap) on laptop where it killed my work VPN install!

MS Essentials I have tried in the past, all seemed good then over time found it was eating CPU cycles. Kept getting random pauses, probably been fixed since.

Avira I liked, used that for a while :)