Building A Bridge

FoolTrottel

• 1. DDz Quorum

Cars are still in New York, according to map on the tracking site... well, status is 'The shipment is in transit to its destination.' 

The Gaulle mobile is an ambulance, I picked it up in a local shop, with a lorry (a car transporter) and a Rolls Royce Silver Shadow (latter one is also in the picture).

Them three 1/65 scale vehicles cost me 15 Euro's... lol.

Should've thought about visiting that shop earlier.... they got all kinds and scales of model cars... all very second hand though... and in need of some touching up with paint...

More de Gaulle mobiles :thumbsu:

Edit;  this really happened in 1962.  Though not quite as depicted in the film - ie they mostly shot up a cafe across the road :rolleyes:  but de Gaulle's DS was found to have nearly twenty bullet holes in it. On arrival de Gaulle got out, brushed broken glass off his suit, made sure his wife was o.k. and got straight on the 'plane to London where he met our Prime Minister Harold Macmillan to tell him he was "un prick!"

They don't make 'em like that anymore!

Oops. Sorry for the slight derail FT.  

• 1. DDz Quorum

Derailing? No problem, I'll play along:

French traffic jam, a scene from the French movie 'Weekend' ... (though an American is commenting on this scene)

Indeed, they do not make 'm like that anymore! (Movies in this case)

Oh, BTW, by using google in a more clever way (like searching using Dutch words instead of English) I found the 1/64 models I need are very much available via Dutch retailers as well... so, more cars are on their way to the Bridge, worth of 42,= Euros....  :shaunhb:

• 1. DDz Quorum

Patience my dear, patience...

I've just finished painting the underside of the bridge (no pictures, it's not that special..)

Finished half of the railings, construction wise that is, still need to paint them.

12 pieces of 15 cm long... 

post-947-0-07917100-1414343516_thumb.jpg

And then 12 more to go ...  Or wait, me thinks 14 ...  :rolleyes:

Oh, as for transporting it? Once the railings are in place, me thinks it's gonna need a custom transport-case to keep it safe.

One with weels, and possibly an engine?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Will I ever get done with this thing?

Decided to add some lighting: 4x Led, in serial setup, powered by a 12V adaptor.

(As I added a potmeter to it, the lighting can be dimmed, though very limited...) 

Here's one test-fitted to the right.

The black thing that forms the lamp-housing, is one of those rubbery things you find on in-ear-headphones, turned inside out  :fucyc:

post-947-0-61707800-1414611248_thumb.jpg

Lights on!

post-947-0-73558500-1414611286_thumb.jpg

post-947-0-16538700-1414611420_thumb.jpg

Darn difficult to make pictures in these conditions...

As for other developments:

- Had a big mishap when 'Pijler H' decided to go take a fall... from 5 feet down... restoration time!

- All railings have been painted white!

• 1. DDz Quorum

Painted the bridge in a different clour.

Much more white. 

Like this, here's a picture of a detail of the bridge itself, although the camera blues it up a bit... and a colour thingie...

(The diagonal line is some shadow, there was a bit of sun out)

post-947-0-60081800-1415040602_thumb.jpg

Fresh pictures, though the artificial lighting does not really show it, the colour is much more towards white!

post-947-0-68377800-1415040695_thumb.jpg

post-947-0-22793300-1415040817_thumb.jpg

post-947-0-39885200-1415040977_thumb.jpg

These three in a row to show three different stages of level of light intensity on the leds, the first one being low level, last one high...

Maybe I should've set the camera to a fixed shutter speed, as it kinda focusses on the Leds where lighting is concerned... makes sense ... lol

post-947-0-40308500-1415040851_thumb.jpg

post-947-0-55053800-1415040904_thumb.jpg

post-947-0-87958700-1415040930_thumb.jpg