Building A Bridge

FoolTrottel

• 2. Administrators

Wow. Just...wow. Thats a proper work of art. Never mind unmade beds, piles of bricks and bits of sharks - you hearing me Tracy and Damien? This is very good indeed FT. Now what? Here's an idea. If you can't get a Dutch museum to take it, have you considered offering it to the IWM? Actually there may be a museum specifically for airborne services, I'll check if you're interested?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Wow. Just...wow. Thats a proper work of art. Never mind unmade beds, piles of bricks and bits of sharks - you hearing me Tracy and Damien? This is very good indeed FT. Now what? Here's an idea. If you can't get a Dutch museum to take it, have you considered offering it to the IWM? Actually there may be a museum specifically for airborne services, I'll check if you're interested?

Thanks Jabo!

About the IWM idea: I like it, though on the other hand: this bridge did not have any significant role in WWII... it was a target for the  RAF ... but it was never hit by bombs dropped... and then there's the matter of transporting it ...  :dontknow:

Just been looking at the bridge build all the way through FT and i must say thats a brilliant piece of modelling, attention to detail is superb. You have the patients of a saint, something i seem to be running short of lately, it would look good against a wall with a painted backdrop. great job :thumbsu:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bohcvwiljjI

Added some more lighting

post-947-0-83903800-1419178735_thumb.jpg

(the original 4 street lights are switched off here)

Compared to RL:

post-947-0-61384500-1419178906_thumb.jpg

And got me a new model, A-Ford, lol. It's on there... bit too big scalewise, but... oh well....

Reason I tried this? Well, I stumbled upon a really cheap (2 Euros!) string of 20 LED's of the right colour... 

I had to remove 6, and what was worse... the gap between two lights in the original string was 10cm's, where I needed at least 13cm's.

Yes, indeed. Thirteen times I had to add four cm's of electrical wire... twentysix times cutting a wire, Fiftytwo times welding them all back together with the good 'ol'e soldering iron.... 

And that's just the one side of the bridge... do I really want to do the other side as well?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Forgot I also got this stuff:

itl7516.jpg

Caesar-HB08-07-06-box.jpg

Just to test whether I can recreate the storming of the bridge by gruppe Gräbner:

"While the Reconnaissance Battalion was scouting to the south of Arnhem, Colonel John Frost's 2nd Battalion of the British 1st Airborne Division had advanced into Arnhem and prepared defensive positions at the northern end of the bridge. Gräbner returned from his scouting mission to the south on the morning of 18 September, and ordered about half of his reconnaissance unit, numbering about 22 armored cars, half-tracks, and a few trucks, to attack north across the bridge. Gräbner's exact intentions remain a mystery, but he apparently either hoped to recapture the bridge or to race through the British positions to assist the rest of the division in its defense of Arnhem. Either way, the attack was a complete disaster. The Paras were ready, and after allowing the first four vehicles to pass, they opened up with PIAT anti-tank weapons, flamethrowers and small arms fire. In two hours of fighting, the Reconnaissance Battalion was virtually annihilated, losing 12 vehicles out of 22 in the assault and around 70 men killed, including Gräbner. This action is depicted in the film A Bridge Too Far.[5]

(From Wikipedia: Click)