Well I am sure that is not the case but I plan on using this for 'other' sims like Star Citizen as well as finishing up many of the Freespace 2 Open campaigns. Personally I find it hard to remember thousands of key binds for a few of these sims (let's not even get into a DCS sim). This will let me create a button template with the labels and key binds for any sim I choose to play.

• 2 weeks later...

Now I need to figure out one last thing. I have the radar displaying on the second monitor along with Helios for gauges. That all works fine with Helios set to be Always on Top. However when I try and bring up the Kneeboard map it doesn't show up. If I turn off Always on Top for Helios then I don't see the gauges but rather just the radar and the rest is black. I presume that DCS is filling the second monitor space with this black. Not sure there is a way to change that.

One possible work around might be to have all the gauges on a panel that can be programmatically hidden when the kneeboard is brought up. I will try that.

Update: That works great. I toggle the kneeboard and the gauges hide.

Now to fix the position of the kneeboard. Anyone play around with any of the kneeboard MODs I see. Most are for older DCS World versions.

Yea, I have one I made to use with JSGME.  

Edit this file: Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling.lua

Edit these lines (about line 29-30) to move and resize the kneeboard.  Here's my edit:

-- ----- MOVE & RESIZE THE KNEEBOARD ----------------------------------------------------------------
-- ORIGINAL CODE: dedicated_viewport  = {default_x,default_y,default_width,default_height}
dedicated_viewport  = {1342,10,562,750}
-- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have only tested this with the Mig21bis.  I made my own kneeboard pages on the startup sequence.

Well I decided to create some help screens (sorta like a kneeboard) for my 19" monitor that can pop up full screen with a push of a button on my throttle. Here is the first one which I got off the ATAG site and modified it to show landmarks. I will look for more possible ones and then tackle the other coast line on another map.

15603998458_cd5d35229b_z.jpg

A suggestion...leave airspeed to the left of the artificial horizon and put the altimeter to the right. Then the rate of climb directly below the altimeter with the DG below the horizon. You have the basic T in a standard instrument panel. Usually the RMI went directly below the airspeed indicator.

Well I did not create the gauges and the Altimeter does not like to be placed at the top of the screen. But thanks for the suggestion. I will keep looking into it and maybe one day I can figure out how to make them.

Also I check the Spitfire VirtualCockpit screen against the cockpit in the game and the IAS, Artificial Horizon, Variometer, Altimeter, Directional Gyro, Slip and Turn, RPM, Boost and Magnetic Compass are relatively in the correct positions. Some of the smaller objects are not due to screen space.

• 1 month later...