When rebuilding my pit after the flood (and having my touchscreen die) I decided on adding a second monitor to my system and get rid of the server/client setup. I did it to make things easier when deciding to jump on to fly (not having to boot a second machine and run all the apps to tie things together) as well as to be able to use the VirtualCockpit app for Cliffs of Dover.

I have to give two thumbs up for VC as it runs great on my i7 with the EVGA 660 superclocked graphics card.

If your looking for extracted gauges for Cliffs then check this thread out

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3887

I especially like the ones that tom.doniphon has shared. They scale very nicely to the resolution on my 19" second monitor

Now on to the next phase of my rebuild.

No it was a screenshot taken from my VC setup on a second monitor off my i7/ Nvidia 660 Superclocked graphics card. VirtualCockpit runs on Windows. There are some using an app to span a second monitor over to a tablet from what I have read. Read through the thread I posted and there are lots of gauge sets to download and play with (there is a test mode built into VC to play around without being in Cliffs). I just happen to like the ones tom.doniphon has shared.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3887

Spitfire and Hurricane

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9534&d=1399716327

Luftwaffe Virtual Cockpit Collection

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h687qu23ooivuo2/LWVirtualCockpits.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Well here is my new pit so far. The center screen and button panel cockpit frame is complete. I am waiting on some switches I ordered (back ordered) and then I will start mounting them. I will have over 60 buttons as well as a few special red and yellow ones. I have worked out a way to use my wife's Silhouette Cameo to make templates to lay over the buttons so I can change the labels based on which sim I am using (1946, COD or Freespace 2, ect). First I need to sit down and figure out the button label arrangements.

I also have to finish my Warthog extension.

Here is IL-2 1946 with UDPSpeed gauges.

15061492959_e4a1ca4ff0_b.jpg

Here is IL-2 Cliffs of Dover running VirtualCockpit gauges

15061885738_741148707c_b.jpg

• Like 1

The rectangle ones are illuminated buttons and they are only momentary. The rotary is also just momentary twist side to side. They should work well for most sims. They have a nice tactile feel. Something that was missing with a touchscreen in the mist of a battle.

• 2. Administrators

Hmm, you might struggle with the illuminated buttons on the bodnar - there's only a tiny voltage for each of those connectors and I found that illuminated buttons affected the voltage drop too much, but I was using latched buttons not momentary so...

Well it is me that is envious of all of the flying skills you guys have. I have committed to try and spend more time this winter and get better (barring anymore health issues). For me half the fun has been to build this. Keeps my skills from getting totally rusty.

It will look a lot better when the buttons are mounted on the black plexiglass. I ordered a metric step drill to try and prevent chipping it with all the holes I have to make.

• 2 weeks later...

Well these step drill bits are nice for drilling plexiglass. Make an easy and clean job with no risk of splitting the plexiglass

I ordered the metric set as the switches I have all have metric mounting hole sizes. I have one panel drill and switches mounted. Will take a picture when I get the other one done. Then its on to wiring the cards.

Well I finally have most of my repairs done to my basement after that 500 year flooding we had. I am getting set to wire my panels now that my wire has come. In the mean time I have been working on the layout for the templates. I will start with IL-2 1946

Any comments of suggestions would be appreciated.

Here is the draft templates so far

Left side

15428839335_fe7d364dae_c.jpg

Right side

15242251288_277019cc5a_c.jpg

Well the next phase of my project is complete. I have all the lights on the buttons wired and both the GP-Wiz40 and BU0836X cards all wired up and tested. I have a few things left on the backside to complete then I can mount the panels. Once that is done I will work on the Xpadder profiles and the template labels.

15286014758_f03e8b791c_c.jpg